Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Um, guys as much as I love you and want you to stick around, if you're serious about this whole passing thing.................. then I claim dibs on mD's custom exhaust and Pb's illuminated emblem!

;)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #382

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Dry or oiled?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #389

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
In the face of the apocalypse, I prefer taste.
That's right. This is not the time to quit any bad habits or take up any new healthy regimens.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
Do you think I get ads like this because of all the Asian spam this forum receives overnight??

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
He likes the Thai ladyboys.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
That's right. This is not the time to quit any bad habits or take up any new healthy regimens.
From Airplane; "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Lincoln County, Oregon is on the central Oregon coast and is about 1,000 sq. miles in size and has a population of about 50,000. An advantage we've had here is enough advance warning and enforced social distancing before the virus made it out here to the sticks. There has been only one case of coronavirus reported in the county many days ago and that person has been moved outside the county for medical treatment. No new cases reported since.

The grocery stores have put up sneeze guards like you see at buffets at all the registers to protect the cashiers. Driving through Newport is weird. There's virtually no traffic and most businesses are closed with empty parking lots.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
With this thread all over the place, I wanted to share my perspective on this Covid pandemic...

I've worked in the aerospace biz for 25+ years. Just like when travel fell off a cliff after 9/11 and the '08 Financial Crisis, now Covid-19 is doing the same thing.

Check out this site:

COVID-19: Grounded Airplanes Photography - SamChui.com

For example, look at all these A/C parked on one runway:

With all these A/C on the ground, the aerospace division (no, not Boeing) I work for is mostly making $ from the defense side right now, although some $ is still getting generated by commercial cargo operations.

That said, while I found out what my merit increase was a couple weeks ago (yay!), it was followed the next week by being told my merit for CY2020 was deferred (Awww...). New hiring is ash-canned. All discretionary funding pulled. Today, I found out that all contracted staff at my division were terminated.

Next up? If this situation plays out like it has in the past, the C-suite suits will likely commence with involuntary layoffs, and then furloughs for those they deem they want around when business picks back up. A wildcard would be early retirement packages, but that obviously burns some short-term needed cash, so I doubt that option plays out.

Fun times? Right? I'm sure a few of our fellow members have likely been furloughed, faced layoff, or fired. My assumption is a furlough (vs layoff) is in my future, just because our drop in revenue has been so stark, a contrast compared to as recent as January, for example, which seems forever ago. And no, we are not receiving any $ from the CARES Act. My next question is - furloughed for how long? The longest furlough in my career was 10 days.

But I'll take a furlough any time over getting this virus. For the unlucky few, you can go from healthy to death in a week. No thanks.

Stay safe out there.

381 - 400 of 400 Posts