501 - 520 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Hail storm?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
What was that? High tide in the Great White North during winter?
Nope happened last night in the north part of my city, freak thunderstorm that was throwing hail larger than golf-balls that blocked all the sewage grates
which caused massive flooding.

It's been between 65-75F nearly a month up here. XD

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Nope happened last night in the north part of my city, freak thunderstorm that was throwing hail larger than golf-balls that blocked all the sewage grates
which caused massive flooding.

It's been between 65-75F nearly a month up here. XD
If ya gotta have hail, that's what you want, big enough to total everything it hits. None of this borderline crap.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
That area looks as flat as a pool table. I can see why that happened.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
That area looks as flat as a pool table. I can see why that happened.
It's actually on a downward slope if you look closely on in the photos, think the design intent was that most of the water would be carried down the hill towards a better drainage
point... Looks like they forgot to consider what would happen if those drainage points were blocked.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
We have that problem here. Sloping isn't an issue because nothings close to being flat but plugged stormwater drains after heavy rains is another story.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
If ya gotta have hail, that's what you want, big enough to total everything it hits. None of this borderline crap.
Hah no thanks, I'd rather not deal with the headache of replacing/repairing or paying the deductible.... Although I will admit
I would be totally okay paying that $500 deductible if it means they replace my roof.

Hmmm maybe I got lucky and they did some damage and can get that done this summer of the insurances dime.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Hah no thanks, I'd rather not deal with the headache of replacing/repairing or paying the deductible.... Although I will admit
I would be totally okay paying that $500 deductible if it means they replace my roof.

Hmmm maybe I got lucky and they did some damage and can get that done this summer of the insurances dime.
My roof is 21 years old and was replaced due to hail back then. It will need to be replaced in the next 5 or so years, so I am hoping for hail to take it out but not our siding. The siding was damaged on two sides of the house back then but it is no longer made, so I would just as soon not reside the whole house so it matches. A number of years ago a coworker had a roof replaced in three consecutive years due to hail.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
My roof is 21 years old and was replaced due to hail back then. It will need to be replaced in the next 5 or so years, so I am hoping for hail to take it out but not our siding. The siding was damaged on two sides of the house back then but it is no longer made, so I would just as soon not reside the whole house so it matches. A number of years ago a coworker had a roof replaced in three consecutive years due to hail.
Ouch brutal, we usually get pretty wild hail-storms at least once a year but typically the damage is limited to cheaper
roofing materials.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Biggest hail I've ever seen on the coast was 1/4". Not many thunderstorms here.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Apple flirted with $400/share a couple weeks ago but dropped since.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Everyone is still at the party.

Am I the only one who believes the numbers are all too high.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #516
Everyone is still at the party.

Am I the only one who believes the numbers are all too high.
I've been asking myself this for months.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
I've never been so happy to be so wrong. I really thought we'd be in the pooper with all the closures and layoffs and unemployment and permanently closed businesses. It may still be coming, who knows? But, again, I'll be super happy to be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
The indicators don't look good. I'll be curious to see on Thursday what Apple's Q3 report says.

Reactions: MikeD1

·
Registered
835 Posts
If it looks like Biden is going to get in I will be out of the market for a while. Lovin my Apple stock though as I bought a bunch when it hit the fish hook bounce. I'll cash out in time.

Reactions: MikeD1 and rpiotro
501 - 520 of 549 Posts