Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

521 - 540 of 549 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
The indicators don't look good. I'll be curious to see on Thursday what Apple's Q3 report says.
If it looks like Biden is going to get in I will be out of the market for a while. Lovin my Apple stock though as I bought a bunch when it hit the fish hook bounce. I'll cash out in time.
We all...and I mean all got company phones recently (3 weeks ago) ...mostly i phones.

It is a big company...over 10k employees.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sweet!!

We all...and I mean all got company phones recently (3 weeks ago) ...mostly i phones.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts

Awesome! I appreciate your company pumping my stock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Kodak - up 300%? Didn't see that coming...
Apparently, they're at the forefront of pumping out a covid vaccine. I guess that's what happens to a film company when everything goes digital... make meds instead? I could be totally off with this, I just saw a headline and didn't look into it. I despise people who get their news this way, apparently my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Everyone is still at the party.

Am I the only one who believes the numbers are all too high.
Nope. And I just got back in last April. Maybe time to bail out again?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Nope. And I just got back in last April. Maybe time to bail out again?
Haha... did the same thing - opted back in to capture most of April's run-up. And yes, I'm thinking the same thing - take (at least some) profits and watch the economy implode.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts

Your company did pump my stock! LOL!

Interesting news today on Apple. Q3 earnings blew estimates out of the water with $59.7 billion in revenue vs. $52.3 billion expected. Earnings per share was $2.58 vs. $2.07 expected. Currently today, the stock price is up $26.48/share to $411.24/share.

Apple also announced a 4:1 stock split, so the stock price will drop to a little over $100/share, making it more attractive to smaller investors.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Today has been a good day!
Yup.

I fear Monday will be the opposite, with profit taking from today's gains by the day traders and also long-term investors dumping out of some of their portfolio with the expiration of the unemployment benefits today.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
So it looks like I'll have 22,460 shares of Apple when the split is finalized. I think jodedor's company needs to buy some more iPhones!

FAANG FTW!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Good time to take another look at NLKA for the long term.
I initially bought 100 shares of NKLA a couple months ago and just added another 100 shares to lower my unit cost average. I think I'm good for now until I see some improvement of the company's metrics. The stock just showed a double moving average crossover and the short and medium term performance outlooks are down and the long term is flat.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I initially bought 100 shares of NKLA a couple months ago and just added another 100 shares to lower my unit cost average. I think I'm good for now until I see some improvement of the company's metrics. The stock just showed a double moving average crossover and the short and medium term performance outlooks are down and the long term is flat.
I honestly hadn't checked it out in awhile and saw it came WAY down from that bubble but has since popped up in the news again regarding EU partners. I just bought some shares that I plan to hold long term. Maybe it'll end up like another TESLA.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Have you seen gold. To me that's the base of what a $ is really worth. If gold is going up than the "value" of the $ is going down. 6 months ago I considered a major divestment of my portfolio into gold. Kicking myself in the ass now. It may be to late now.

But may still put a % into gold. Just not as much.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
So it looks like I'll have 22,460 shares of Apple when the split is finalized. I think jodedor's company needs to buy some more iPhones!

FAANG FTW!
Nice! Lucky you.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Have you seen gold. To me that's the base of what a $ is really worth. If gold is going up than the "value" of the $ is going down. 6 months ago I considered a major divestment of my portfolio into gold. Kicking myself in the ass now. It may be to late now.

But may still put a % into gold. Just not as much.
I almost did the same thing but held off as well.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Looks like the makers of the "Prodigy Chip" may be the stock to get. This tec may revolutionize the industry.

Mr. Danilak is chief executive officer of Tachyum, a startup with offices in his native Slovakia and in Santa Clara, California. The small company includes an international team of technology experts who developed the Prodigy chip over the past four years.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Are they public? All I saw was startup.
No clue, just read it on the net. I'll call my broker and see if I can get in on it if/when it goes public. That and may scoop some Nikola stock unless she doesn't recommend it.

521 - 540 of 549 Posts