Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Well, Apple ended up 10.47% ($40.28/share) today. That's the largest single-day gain I've ever seen. We'll see what happens next. It's all on paper though.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
You ever take any profits or just let it ride?
I'm invested in Apple until at least 8/31, and then it's a wait-and-see as to how the stock performs afterward.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Have you seen gold. To me that's the base of what a $ is really worth. If gold is going up than the "value" of the $ is going down. 6 months ago I considered a major divestment of my portfolio into gold. Kicking myself in the ass now. It may be to late now.
People have been saying this for at least twenty years. I can see kicking oneself for not buying Bitcoin when you could get one for pennies, but I don't think gold has ever been a "too late" investment. It's more about security than gains, and in this day and age I think not losing everything (when we finally realize that spontaneously printing trillions of dollars is going to crash the dollar harder than our lifetimes can repair) is probably more important than whether your investment is only returning 4% but it would have been higher if you'd gotten in sooner. Just my 2¢

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
You ever take any profits or just let it ride?
I'm letting it ride ATM and collecting a little over $18K/year in dividends. I am considering a stop order though.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm letting it ride ATM and collecting a little over $18K/year in dividends. I am considering a stop order though.
You're like a friend who does the same. I've always been in the short term camp. Get in and get out.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
541 - 549 of 549 Posts