Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course I will check with the dealer, but sounds like something wasn't plugged back in. Any thoughts?

Tried both fob and button inside car.

I did need new DAS modules...

·
Registered
478 Posts
In my G, there was a valet switch that disable the trunk in the glove compartment. Maybe the Q50 has one?

Check to see if you have the switch and mess with it. Maybe the trunk will open after you press the switch?
The Q50 does have the same valet switch in the glove compartment. Make sure this is turned on, and if it still doesn't work, check with the dealer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Of course I will check with the dealer, but sounds like something wasn't plugged back in. Any thoughts?

Tried both fob and button inside car.

I did need new DAS modules...
You have no business opening the trunk!

It contains sensitive DAS equipment and opening it may introduce contaminants which can cause DAS to fail.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
:rolleyes:"Greenhut" needs to go on the roof of the hut and scream for help:>!;) first about his Q50 issues before posting his complaints on this forum:p.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Boy do I feel stupid :) It was indeed the switch in the glove box I didn't even know existed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Is there a button to get rid of the body in the trunk?
I wonder what would happened had you gone to the dealership. Seeing that a few of them are incompetent, they probably would have ordered you a new trunk. lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder what would happened had you gone to the dealership. Seeing that a few of them are incompetent, they probably would have ordered you a new trunk. lol
Or they would say that we have to wait for a new intouch software upgrade.

Reactions: vbx and Q602B

·
Registered
478 Posts
This is why you need to find a dealership that isn't full of people that know nothing about what they sell or service. You would be surprised how few of people know about that trunk button...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One thing I find strange, is I didn't push the button. I wonder if some dealers have a practice when handing the car off to certain stages of service that they attempt to protect our valuables. I know my dealer washes the car, and on this service, gave me a free tank of gas.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
This really cracked me up. For about 2 months I thought I forgot to plug something back in after changing the interior air filter on my G35. No matter what, the trunk wouldn't open from the fob. Finally I got mad one day and looked inside the glovebox and found the valet switch. Was a big relief to fix it so simply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.