Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the tri-state area know of any techs or Infiniti service centers that would be willing to re-calibrate the DAS system if and when coils are installed?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I would think any Infiniti dealer, in any tri-state area, would do it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
My SA advised to do the recall first and suggested not to lower, but will do whatever he can to get me aligned and calibrated. He had all the warnings of not guaranteeing laser cruise and steering would not have issues. I will take the plunge and find out in a couple of weeks. I know DAS has worked fine for others, but the deluxe tech items are his concerns. We will see.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
das will work fine as long as the diameter of tire+wheel is wiht in 1% of the original diameter and should have no problem calibration of DAS.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
das will work fine as long as the diameter of tire+wheel is wiht in 1% of the original diameter and should have no problem calibration of DAS.
Where is that written?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I would think so too but after the brief convo I had with my service rep, it sounded like he wouldn't touch the car after I modified the suspension.
Thats messed up! I would think that as long as everything is within spec, as far as alignment goes, u would be fine! But then again I am not sure about that tech package since I dont have one and if a change in ride height will create a problem but I would think that there would be some relearning process that would fix it! Either through das calibration or that relearning run they do after das calibration is applied!

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I thought if you went to coil overs with after market variable dampening shocks Infinity DAS no longer worked.

I thought you need to adjust the compression and rebound via the method the coil over shock uses. The shock rates need to be matched to the new spring rate/distance of travel.

Factory springs and shocks are matched. Infinity spent a lot of R+D dollars on the shock rate and spring rates. DAS gives you some adjustability within the range.

I don't know if an aftermarket coil over shock company makes an Infinity DAS compatible system. Some aftermarket shocks have tons of adjustability and are worth the extra money.

Lots of thought should be taken when choosing spring rate, length (ride height), and dampening rates to insure your needs are met, and they all match.

What is good on a smooth rack will not work well on bumpy back roads. COMPLIANCE is important.

Looks and performance may conflict some. Find the best fit for your needs.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I thought if you went to coil overs with after market variable dampening shocks Infinity DAS no longer worked.

I thought you need to adjust the compression and rebound via the method the coil over shock uses. The shock rates need to be matched to the new spring rate/distance of travel.

Factory springs and shocks are matched. Infinity spent a lot of R+D dollars on the shock rate and spring rates. DAS gives you some adjustability within the range.

I don't know if an aftermarket coil over shock company makes an Infinity DAS compatible system. Some aftermarket shocks have tons of adjustability and are worth the extra money.

Lots of thought should be taken when choosing spring rate, length (ride height), and dampening rates to insure your needs are met, and they all match.

What is good on a smooth rack will not work well on bumpy back roads. COMPLIANCE is important.

Looks and performance may conflict some. Find the best fit for your needs.
4 year old thread Resurrection? That may be a new record!

You are correct though coil-overs would disable the adjustable dampers Infiniti uses, just doing the springs though will only affect ride height.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.