Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Q50S AWD Hybrid has been in the dealership since 1/17 for the Intouch problems and they are testing a few different things w/ Tech Support (Pathetic how Infiniti Tech Support is guessing what the problem might be - but that's another story). They now think it might be the upper unit giving the lower unit problems at least for my situation. The upper unit is on back order and should get to the US next week. I stopped by the dealer to get some papers out of my trunk and looked inside of the car and was depressed at all of the panels that were removed to swap out the screens.

Aside from Intouch challenges, they are anticipating receiving the DAS panels/modules this week to replace. Does anyone know how much effort this requires and where these panels are located? I'm wondering if the car will ever be the same, especially after the amount of effort that is needed and the amount of parts that will need to be opened/removed to replace these modules.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
So my Q50S AWD Hybrid has been in the dealership since 1/17 for the Intouch problems and they are testing a few different things w/ Tech Support (Pathetic how Infiniti Tech Support is guessing what the problem might be - but that's another story). They now think it might be the upper unit giving the lower unit problems at least for my situation. The upper unit is on back order and should get to the US next week. I stopped by the dealer to get some papers out of my trunk and looked inside of the car and was depressed at all of the panels that were removed to swap out the screens.

Aside from Intouch challenges, they are anticipating receiving the DAS panels/modules this week to replace. Does anyone know how much effort this requires and where these panels are located? I'm wondering if the car will ever be the same, especially after the amount of effort that is needed and the amount of parts that will need to be opened/removed to replace these modules.

Thoughts?
Well, when you get the car back, be sure to really listen to the car when driving; also, park and turn up the bass on the radio to listen for anything that sounds loose. Beyond that, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

Thoughts?
I'm sure an equal effort was given for my Q50 when they had to replace my entire instrument panel a couple of months ago, post- InTouch .646 update. I personally never saw the dash disconnected, but I know they had to do it in order to replace the panel. Never had an issue since. I wouldn't worry too much; those guys are very familiar with Infiniti cars. Just listen for rattles or strange sounds when you get it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.