Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

DAS Recall DOES NOT WORK

21K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  SteinyD 
So just updating you all, i have a q50 with DAS that has been having issues since october...They have had my car at the dealership now since December 30th.

So "infinitie executive offices" called me last couple weeks and kept assuring me the next fix would work...blah blah blah...I told them i didn't trust them and that i have a preggo wife who i don't want driving the car because if this thing freezes up while driving it is dangerous...I was told by them "oh no the engineers assure us that won't happen, and only on start up"...i explained why after three months i didn't trust them...i kept getting the same assurance.

SO!!!!! They were going to deliver my car back to me yesterday around noon, and i got a call from service saying the porter who was driving my car got three miles out and the power steering got frozen and lost power WHILE DRIVING!!!!!

They took the car back so i am still in the loaner. . . and now executive offices ( who promised to check in with me on Thursday has now not returned two phone calls from me...surprise surprise?

I think that this is an unsafe care to drive so i don't know what to do...

VEry tempted to go to the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times with the story...maybe that will actually get infiniti's attention!
Theres just NO WAY I would take that car back. Infiniti has dropped the BALL brother....DEMAND your money back and go elsewhere bro

Concur with Chilibowl.. get them to buy your car back.

I think your jumping the gun though saying the recall didn't work.
How do you know the technicians didn't botch something or your car is just a lemon?
I think the word lemon has been tossed around so loosely lately...

What exactly is a lemon? Can BRAND NEW cars just be deemed lemons at will?

Is it supposed to be just acceptable to deem a car a lemon and move on with life?

Nothing directly at you andrew, these are just generalized questions.

Infiniti has the capability of making solid vehicles....why has the quality control suffered so drastically?

Something tells me Nissan is in for a big round of trouble, far far worse than Toyota was once in

And we all know what they say about opinions.....:eek::cool::eek:
I see it as a valid opinion too...

Bottom line is...the packaging on the Q50 is horrendous.

Navigation, bluetooth, and leather should be standard equipment by now. Lets get real.

Memory heated and cooled seating, electronic tilt and telescoping, reverse tilt mirrors, automatic dimming mirror, and upgraded sound system and sunroof = Premium package

DAS and all the electronic safe-driving nannies = Tech package

And where the F*CK IS THE G0DDAMN 6MT?

6MT = Navigation, Premium Package.... STANDARD
Tech Package = OPTIONAL

Done FLIPPING DEAL

Thats almost exactly the same packaging as the G37 was, I believe. And it worked just fine for that.

The biggest deal is that the tech package should be what houses the new tech. G37 got aiming headlights, sonar cruise control, 4 wheel steer at one point, etc. All in the TECH package, because it was TECHNOLOGY stuff.

I do have a good feeling that they will drop the DAS from the Deluxe Touring package and make it standalone (or in some other tech oriented package). Especially if they continue to have trouble with it.....its losing them money if people "downgrade" to a non-Deluxe Touring car because of it.
It sure did...and now Infiniti wants to be like BMW and MB and Audi and start nickel and diming everyone for dumb sh!t that used to be standard in G37's

Infiniti, you wanna be the "status quo" ? Then stay WITHIN your roots and keep the STANDARD options, STANDARD.

What's next, youre gonna start putting halogen headlight setups in your next Q30 and charge extra for the LED Projectors? :rolleyes:

I swear nothing pisses me off more than my favorite brand just completely butchering a new model release.

From the retardedly backassward naming convention, to the TONS of early release Q50 problems....to the use of run-flat tires in your "Sport" model...and to the deletion of the manual gearbox...

Johan said it would take time....but on some real sh!t....they DEFINITELY started off on the wrong foot with the Q50. And I know this for a fact because they are already doing a ton of revisions and the **** car just came out 6 months ago.

Lane "wandering" warnings were in place on the M37, and they are in place on many other cars without electric steering. No, they dont steer you back into the lane but they vibrate the steering wheel and/or driver seat to let you know you need to pay attention.

The JX35/Q60 has automatic "blind spot interference" braking. Again, no electric steering.

And there are non-Infinitis that have the safety nannies without electric steering.

And if the solution is "dont buy the car", then I wish Infiniti luck in trying to capture sales like the G its replacing ever did.

I still maintain my biggest gripe is the other stuff that has nothing to do with DAS. Memory seats? Power tilt and telescopic steering column? Sonar parking sensors? My G has all of those, and they all work just fine with hydraulic steering.

The price they are charging for the deluxe touring package is actually pretty good (3K for all that plus a completely different steering setup is a good price, IMHO). I would go as far as saying I would pay almost that much and NOT get DAS included. But alas, I guess I just cant buy the car.
I fully agree on your points brother...

My lease on my amazing G37S Sedan 6MT is up in 8 days and I will be buying a G35 Coupe.
My first ever car and the best car I ever owned.
By far the best driving experience out of any car I had been in or driven in...the car simply had an amazing soul.

You dont understand how many necks I would break with that car, all I had was an intake on that thing and the sound of the stock exhaust was just breathtaking.

I refuse to drive some way softened and unfinished and unpolished vehicle.

This is NOT the Infiniti I remember or am used to....they can do SO much better and I KNOW something is currently off at their company.

I tell you what though bro....I am NOT sitting back hoping this brings Infiniti under...

I sincerely believe Infiniti has the funds, the capability and the knowledge to polish out a serious competitor to the luxury sport segment...

Infiniti.... If you are reading my comments....

Dont FORGET what made you succesful in the first place! It was the RAW driving experience that captured the hearts of your customers!

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Q50 is not a G coupe.
Your probably saving yourself some disappointment if you want more of the G coupe experience.

Or look at a Nissan Z or some other car.
Go outside the infiniti box.
I dont like any other cars bro....nothing else does it for me.

Im no fan of BMW, they are overpriced and their older interiors suck, Mercedes doesnt have manual transmissions, the 2015 Mustang isnt out yet, I dont need AWD so STi's and Evo's are out, Im no fan of the Camaro and the Vette is too impractical, and I dont do Chrysler/Dodge, and the 370Z is also too impractical.

I am a very picky person bro, it sucks...even on the G37 coupe, the rear is too soft for me.

So G35 coupe it is bro...i was my childhood dream car and in my mind, its still is the most beautiful car you can buy for the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.