Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Infiniti Q50 2.0t
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the problem. I have an Infiniti Q50 that has a C13F2 error code "software mismatch" since I replaced one of the modules that assist with the "Drive by Wire" system. I've heard that I had to replace all 3 modules to get back to normal, where they have to come from the same vehicle if "used". if it's "new" I would need them to be programmed to my car which there aren't any dealers within Jamaica.

1. What would I need to update/reprogram the module(s) with the latest information from Nissan?

2. If I get 3 modules from a used car that had a working DAS system, would that solve my issue?

3. Attached is a recall order made by Infiniti. It has MY error code in the document where I got the code from a replacement and not "a fault"; which means I should get reprogramming done?

Anyone who could give me their insight or experience I'd greatly appreciate it!

P.s. Yes, I did call a Nissan/Infiniti dealer who emplored that I replace all 3 modules "New". as getting "used" ones would have the VIN of the previous car in it. To me, they have to say crazy things like that, it's how they make money and keep their job.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
Here's the problem. I have an Infiniti Q50 that has a C13F2 error code "software mismatch" since I replaced one of the modules that assist with the "Drive by Wire" system. I've heard that I had to replace all 3 modules to get back to normal, where they have to come from the same vehicle if "used". if it's "new" I would need them to be programmed to my car which there aren't any dealers within Jamaica.

1. What would I need to update/reprogram the module(s) with the latest information from Nissan?

2. If I get 3 modules from a used car that had a working DAS system, would that solve my issue?

3. Attached is a recall order made by Infiniti. It has MY error code in the document where I got the code from a replacement and not "a fault"; which means I should get reprogramming done?

Anyone who could give me their insight or experience I'd greatly appreciate it!

P.s. Yes, I did call a Nissan/Infiniti dealer who emplored that I replace all 3 modules "New". as getting "used" ones would have the VIN of the previous car in it. To me, they have to say crazy things like that, it's how they make money and keep their job.
The software version in the steering force module, steering angle main control angle module, and steering angle sub control module must match or DAS goes into fail-safe mode.

When one of those modules is to be replaced, a CONSULT tool is to be used to determine the Type ID of the module and a new module is ordered that matches the Type ID. The configuration of the existing module is saved in the CONSULT and then rewritten into the new module. A DAST Calibration (Mode1 and Mode2) must also be done which involves:

Organism Font Circle Number Rectangle

The service manual states when replacing a control module, all three should be replaced as a set. I'm no expert on this but it appears to me this is done if the Type ID can't be read and matched in the parts catalogue. If one could buy a set of these three modules as a set from the same car, then the Type ID's would match but a configuration and DAST calibration still has to be done after installation.

·
Registered
2014 Infiniti Q50 2.0t
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The software version in the steering force module, steering angle main control angle module, and steering angle sub control module must match or DAS goes into fail-safe mode.

When one of those modules is to be replaced, a CONSULT tool is to be used to determine the Type ID of the module and a new module is ordered that matches the Type ID. The configuration of the existing module is saved in the CONSULT and then rewritten into the new module. A DAST Calibration (Mode1 and Mode2) must also be done which involves:

View attachment 108267

The service manual states when replacing a control module, all three should be replaced as a set. I'm no expert on this but it appears to me this is done if the Type ID can't be read and matched in the parts catalogue. If one could buy a set of these three modules as a set from the same car, then the Type ID's would match but a configuration and DAST calibration still has to be done after installation.
thank you very much for responding. The module I replaced was DAST1 *located near the front right wheel: RHD. that module was destroyed so I can’t do a “READ” from it; hence me wanting to know what to do in such a case. @jodedor where did you get the service manual? My car is 2014; is that service manual from the same year?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,857 Posts
thank you very much for responding. The module I replaced was DAST1 *located near the front right wheel: RHD. that module was destroyed so I can’t do a “READ” from it; hence me wanting to know what to do in such a case. @jodedor where did you get the service manual? My car is 2014; is that service manual from the same year?
"A" is the steering force control module, "C" is the steering angle sub control module, and "D" is the steering angle control module. Not sure if it's different in a RHD Q50.

Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Automotive exterior Font Motor vehicle

2014 Service Manual is located here:

Infiniti Service Manuals - NICOclub

Reactions: Binfadden

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,178 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Infiniti Q50 2.0t
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"D" for me is way closer to the engine "2.0t". I'll keep you updated on what I decided to do, and if there was a fix to the problem.

any other comment would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts