Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
that looks like the check engine light to me. This is a very general light meaning that it can be a number of things. The good thing is that the code is recorded by the car and will be able to be reviewed by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Its the general check engine light! Time for oil change?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the general check engine light! Time for oil change?
If so, that is ridiculous. What's the point of the maintenance note app...That's where it's supposed to notify me of oil changes not by flashing check engine light. I have 4300 miles

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Check engine.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would take the car to the dealership. A "check engine" light could be one of a myriad of things, many of which are pretty serious, although a loose gas cap could cause it, too. There's no telling. Even if it goes off, take it to the dealership just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If so, that is ridiculous. What's the point of the maintenance note app...That's where it's supposed to notify me of oil changes not by flashing check engine light. I have 4300 miles

Oh nah! Just giving u an idea what it could be! Check engine light is quite general that u cant really pinpoint a specific problem that easily till it gets checked! Try what thebothers have suggested and if it still persist then just head to your dealer!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not the gas cap. I haven't filled up in two weeks. And I did double check that as soon as I saw the light. I'll take it to the dealer on Monday morning. Yet again...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Engine check...

If it's a random error the light should go off after a few engine start/stop cycles. If it doesn't then head for the dealer to have the code read.

The engine check can come on because of the a loose fuel cap but, the vehicle information display has a warning for that. See page 2-21 display 13 in the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it's a random error the light should go off after a few engine start/stop cycles. If it doesn't then head for the dealer to have the code read.

The engine check can come on because of the a loose fuel cap but, the vehicle information display has a warning for that. See page 2-21 display 13 in the owners manual.
It still hasn't gone off. I'm taking it to dealer Monday. For the umpteenth time.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Isn't that the outboard motor? The screw at the end of the propeller shaft might be loose. I've been known to have a few loose ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.