Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else a bit disappointed with the not-as-defined daytime running lights? It's pretty hard to see on bright days. I've always been a sucker for those sharp lines or LEDs on other cars and was hoping the Q would have them.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Anyone else a bit disappointed with the not-as-defined daytime running lights? It's pretty hard to see on bright days. I've always been a sucker for those sharp lines or LEDs on other cars and was hoping the Q would have them.

Thoughts?
Personally, I like them. I think they are great looking and plenty bright.

We had a situation this weekend where my wife was following me driving the Q50. The DRLs are unique and I could always pick her out of a crowd of cars (even when it was bright).

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts

Thoughts?
Yeah, that is how I feel as well! My "eyebrows" are barely noticeable during the day and at night the actual lights are so bright you can't really see the eyebrows very defined either. I should of had them check the lights out when I took my car in for the engineers last week but completely forgot.

I will say that if you are standing in front of your car (closely) you can barely see that the eyebrows are even on at all but if you bend down and walk farther away you can see them better...but not as well as I'd like to!

The eyebrows and size of the cup holders are more disappointing to me than the lockup issues with InTouch since those will be fixed. ha I carry a specific metal water bottle with me every where I go (even to London and Cabo) and it doesn't fit in my cup holders (did in the G37). A bit annoying, especially when I have a passenger in the car so I can't just have it in the passenger seat.

Oh well.........just whiny things but certainly not issues enough to regret my purchase!!!!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lights weren't a deal breaker for me when I got 'em .. there's always aftermarket solutions eventually :)

The lights look great at night though! Almost eerie.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, that is how I feel as well! My "eyebrows" are barely noticeable during the day and at night the actual lights are so bright you can't really see the eyebrows very defined either. I should of had them check the lights out when I took my car in for the engineers last week but completely forgot.

I will say that if you are standing in front of your car (closely) you can barely see that the eyebrows are even on at all but if you bend down and walk farther away you can see them better...but not as well as I'd like to!

The eyebrows and size of the cup holders are more disappointing to me than the lockup issues with InTouch since those will be fixed. ha I carry a specific metal water bottle with me every where I go (even to London and Cabo) and it doesn't fit in my cup holders (did in the G37). A bit annoying, especially when I have a passenger in the car so I can't just have it in the passenger seat.

Oh well.........just whiny things but certainly not issues enough to regret my purchase!!!!
The little things... like you, I found out the large soda pop I bought with the combo yesterday wouldn't fit in the cup holder.

Cup holder and center console storage is my gripe (or lack of). Oh, ashtray in the front. I don't smoke and uses that for my spare coins. Now it's in the back and unreachable :p hahaha Nowhere to put my coins except in the center console.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The little things... like you, I found out the large soda pop I bought with the combo yesterday wouldn't fit in the cup holder.

Cup holder and center console storage is my gripe (or lack of). Oh, ashtray in the front. I don't smoke and uses that for my spare coins. Now it's in the back and unreachable :p hahaha Nowhere to put my coins except in the center console.
At least the car will force you to cut down on your soda consumption! :)

I always pull my wallet outta my back pocket and now stick it in the cup holder. The elbow rest compartment is a bit small, too. Oh well, it forces me to keep less junk in the car at the very least.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I get compliments on mine all the time about how bright they are compared to other DRLs on cars.

Reactions: SnowItch

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
I almost wish that there was a way to have just the eyebrows on during the day, like Lexus and a dozen others.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
It would be nice to have a choice :)

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm pretty sure the new Lexus ones are sponsored by Nike.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thankfully we all get our own opinion. ha I happen to like the 300 LED lights all over the front. :p
That just sounds like bedazzling your car:

Don't get any idea to make Pearl shinier iChick! :p

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
That just sounds like bedazzling your car:

Don't get any idea to make Pearl shinier iChick! :p
Ohhhhhhhhh yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Sweet!! ;)

I believe those are Swarovski crystals. I've seen it before. Umm considering the Swarovski crystals just to make my iPhone case cost me $130 (JUST for the crystals), I'm pretty sure buying them to cover my Q50 is out of the question!!! If I could afford that, I would have bought a $150,000 car. ha

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Oh, ashtray in the front. I don't smoke and uses that for my spare coins. Now it's in the back and unreachable :p hahaha Nowhere to put my coins except in the center console.
I have a little lidded storage box in front of the shift in my hybrid, right where the ash tray used to be in my G37. That's where I dumped a lot of loose stuff I used to keep in the G37 center console.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts

The eyebrows are actually bright but you have to see them from a lower angle because they are opaque from the top. If you're standing up or looking at them in a window or something you can barely notice that they are on, but if you see them coming at you they are very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I almost wish that there was a way to have just the eyebrows on during the day, like Lexus and a dozen others.
The eyebrows are on during the day, you just can't see them unless you are at an oncoming angle. You can't see them at all if you are standing up outside because they are opaque on top.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
The eyebrows are actually bright but you have to see them from a lower angle because they are opaque from the top. If you're standing up or looking at them in a window or something you can barely notice that they are on, but if you see them coming at you they are very noticeable.
Yeah, that's what I said in my post...to bend down and move away from the car and you can see them. But even when someone else drives my car and is approaching from 500 yards away I don't find them very noticeable....and I'm about as low to the ground as I can get without lying down (I'm 4'11"). :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.