Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be that long. It's 8 PM Friday, and I'm hungry. However, I wanted to share a few things here.

As far as the car itself is concerned, there's not much to say, since I drove it the five minutes back to my house. It was late(more on that in the next paragraph), and the salesman will get together with me Monday to go over a whole bunch of stuff. The one thing I can tell you is that the Navigation voice is going to GO! It will drive me nuts if I have to listen to someone telling me where to drive, where to turn, etc., all the time. I don't know how the majority of you feel, but NO WAY, JOSE! I'm sure there is a way of turning off the voice. I have a lot of reading and playing to do, but the sealing of the paint comes first, and that will be tomorrow. The deal is done, except that it was too late for them to put the splash guards on, and put in the Cargo Package, or swap the tires out. So, I've got an 8AM appointment Monday to have that done - the tires have to come off to put on the splash guards anyway, so the tire swap can be done at the same time. The air deflectors were on the car, too. The car was brought back from the tinting and the detailing, about 5:00, and I got there at 5:30. It should have taken a lot less time to finish the paper work, but...........

NOW, LISTEN UP, ALL OF YOU WHO PRE-ORDERED THE CAR BEFORE JULY 1st, WHETHER YOU HAVE THE CAR RIGHT NOW OR YOU'RE STILL WAITING:

I posted a long time ago that the general manager gave me a really great deal on the car, mainly because I was the first one to order. Maybe being a loyal Infiniti customer also helped - and of course my wonderful personality and brilliant mind didn't hurt, either. ;) So, we sat down with the figures that we had agreed on, way long time ago, and the salesman told me that we were going with those figures. Here comes the kicker: The MSRP on the car was NOT the figure that I got off the Internet back in May. Back then, the general manager and I agreed on the price, based on that figure. It was a figure that HE had not seen, but took my word for it, saying that he would base the cost on the pre-order price. Well, the car's sticker was @$600 more than the pre-order MSRP, and that was before the first discount that he gave me, not charging me for the Illuminated Kick plates($400). Infiniti, in its infinite(pun intended) wisdom, never sent the pre-order pricing to the dealership. So, they sold him the car at the higher price. It took a quick phone call to his district rep to get approval for the lower price; the GM told me that Infiniti would pay him the difference(that's the only thing that they SHOULD do, since it's their fault!). The GM was super nice, and actually let me, with my trusty calculator, work all the figures, and he signed off on it. He also gave me back half the 9% mark-up from invoice(the original deal), and Infiniti chipped in with the additional $200, which I applied to the tinting. So, what would have been an MSRP(including tint), of $54,225, ended up being $51,157.07. For those who are math-challenged, that's $3,067.93 savings from MSRP. On top of that, he stayed with the trade figure for my car, $16,500(2007 G35) that we agreed upon in May, even though there was an additional 3,500 miles on it. Please don't contact him for the same deal(honest). He told me a long time ago that that I was the only one he could do this for. Oh, he also told me that since Infiniti screwed up the Gift Card, the rep has arranged for me to get it in two business days. Folks, this is one dealership that deserves a solid 10 on the survey.

SO, MY ADVICE TO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDERED, IS CHECK YOUR FIGURES WHEN YOU GO IN TO BUY THE CAR. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT, SEE IF YOU REALLY DID GET THE PRE-ORDER PRICE.

Oh, no pictures for a while - I'm going to be VERY busy.:p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Awesome! Congrats man! Hmmm...since it'll take a long while to develop your photos, scan, and post it on the net, you should add that video of you applying master formula in a bikini! Haha! :p

Looking forward to your pics and impressions man! :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm sure there is a way of turning off the voice.
There is. I just did it today. I'm report back in a second on where it is.

Menu, Navigation Setting, Guidance Preferences

Congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Congrats man! Hmmm...since it'll take a long while to develop your photos, scan, and post it on the net, you should add that video of you applying master formula in a bikini! Haha! :p

Looking forward to your pics and impressions man! :D
Isn't that the second time you've requested to see me in a bikini? Hmm. Actually, I don't wear shorts very often - I don't want the women to get too excited.;)

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congratulations! That's exciting!!

lol on your strong reaction to the voice guidance. :D:D

Btw, besides the setting change, you can simply press the "voice" button, and after the beep, say "Voice Guidance Off!" That will do it too! :)

See, you have a lot of control with those "tech stuff". Most of them you can simply turn them off if you don't like/care for them! It won't interfere with you enjoying it as a wonderful toy/"temple" in YOUR way! ;)

Have fun! Looking forward to more of your review/comment during the weekend after you have spent some time with her...

What's her name?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Isn't that the second time you've requested to see me in a bikini? Hmm. Actually, I don't wear shorts very often - I don't want the women to get too excited.;)
Yup! Its still part of the most requested videos here in the forum! :p

Anyway, have fun with your new car man! Get to know her more and more each and every day! By the time you're done, you're gonna be the guy teaching the kids about all the tech in your car! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats Selzini. Now if only afrosheen would have stuck it through. All of us early members would have had our Q50s! Well almost!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Congratulations Selzini!! You've had a long wait my friend. Glad you finally got your new toy! Have fun with the the sealing process - lots of us are waiting to hear how it goes and want to see pics.

By the way, when the salesman comes over to help you burn all of your CD's to your new iPod maybe you can grab a digital camera and have him show you how to use that and post pics at the same time - burning all of your CD's is going to take some time ;)

Seriously though - very happy for you.

Use the voice command above - 'voice guidance off'. I don't think I ever use the voice guidance unless I'm in way uncertain territory and need more guidance.

By the way, I thought you lived 5 minutes away from the dealership - you didn't really need to use the nav for that did you? ;)

Reactions: tt_45

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ironically, you could've posted 4 photos in the time it took to type that up! ;)

Congrats for sticking it out. Let's hope that all of your worrying get squashed. :)
Come on, you know I don't have a digital camera!:p And may your wish come true.

Congratulations Selzini!! You've had a long wait my friend. Glad you finally got your new toy! Have fun with the the sealing process - lots of us are waiting to hear how it goes and want to see pics.

By the way, when the salesman comes over to help you burn all of your CD's to your new iPod maybe you can grab a digital camera and have him show you how to use that and post pics at the same time - burning all of your CD's is going to take some time ;)

Seriously though - very happy for you.

Use the voice command above - 'voice guidance off'. I don't think I ever use the voice guidance unless I'm in way uncertain territory and need more guidance.

By the way, I thought you lived 5 minutes away from the dealership - you didn't really need to use the nav for that did you? ;)
I've already downloaded some CDs to iTunes in the computer, with the gracious advice of forum members, concerning settings. As far as the navigation goes, it came on when the car started, and the salesman had already put my address into the thing. Just like the voice, I'm sure there's a way to just turn it off, though I guess it would be O.K. to have on as long as "the voice" is not driving me nuts.

HEY LOOK: I was able to quote two different posts in one! See, I CAN learn.:D

And seriously, thanks for all the help and good wishes - I have a feeling I'm going to need both for a while.:eek:

And to all of you:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.