Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Q50 last Saturday. My sales person called me today to check on how I was doing with the car, and also told me that they just got a new InTouch update released today. I figured I would post this since several folks are complaining about issues with the Intouch, although so far I've had no issues myself to this point.

I asked what was in the update (Pandora, etc.) and he was not sure.

Has anyone heard anything about the update?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I picked up my new Q50 last Saturday. My sales person called me today to check on how I was doing with the car, and also told me that they just got a new InTouch update released today. I figured I would post this since several folks are complaining about issues with the Intouch, although so far I've had no issues myself to this point.
Good to know. Despite my complaining to the sales guy multiple times about my InTouch issues, and him telling me he passed the info on to both his service manager and Infiniti corporate, no one contacted me about the 9/24 update. I had to find out about it here several weeks later. I got the update last Thursday, and by Saturday had experienced another system lockup.

Reactions: Q'ed up

·
Registered
410 Posts

I asked what was in the update (Pandora, etc.) and he was not sure.

Has anyone heard anything about the update?

Thanks!
That's good to know. What's the update number? And where are you located ? I asked the dealership in the dc area and they are clueless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
697 Posts
just texted my Service tech at the dealership to try and find out what it adds or corrects

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
just texted my Service tech at the dealership to try and find out what it adds or corrects
1) Updates operating system to current production level
2) Improves overall system performance
3) Addressed or improves specific issues, including, but not limited to
-ipod music does not restart when reconnecting USB cable
-cannot access "xL" listed SiriusXm stations
-"Sandbox has stopped unexpectedly" message
-Unavailable App icons appear in App Garage
-Left side scroll/slider function is not available while driving
-Steering wheel volume control is slow to adjust
4) Makes the SiriusXM Travel Link feature available, which includes:
-Weather information
-Fuel price information
-Sports scores
-Stock ticker
-Movie listing

Reactions: equetefue

·
Registered
697 Posts
Aggie, you got the update done yet? Whats the verdict?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Going to get mine on Tuesday. My service rep says they are getting it and putting it on a few demo cars to make sure it works first.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Going to get mine on Tuesday. My service rep says they are getting it and putting it on a few demo cars to make sure it works first.
Same story here with my dealer, scheduled to go in Wednesday. I asked my CSR how long it might take, expecting her to say 2-3 hours.....she said Infiniti is allocating 30 minutes worth of labor to technicians for the install. Seems low based on the update earlier this month which took 2 hours

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Same story here with my dealer, scheduled to go in Wednesday. I asked my CSR how long it might take, expecting her to say 2-3 hours.....she said Infiniti is allocating 30 minutes worth of labor to technicians for the install. Seems low based on the update earlier this month which took 2 hours
They only allocated them 30 minutes for the last update also. It's 30 minutes of time the tech will have to actually interact with the car. The car will be sitting by itself updating for close to two hours, with the tech requiring about 30 minutes...

Reactions: Rick_vdl

·
Registered
697 Posts
good to know... now will the car be in idle the entire time?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Dealers don't like to do Infiniti paid service or software updates on Friday or Saturday as these are the busiest paid service days, so they will schedule you for Mon-Thurs.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Dealers don't like to do Infiniti paid service or software updates on Friday or Saturday as these are the busiest paid service days, so they will schedule you for Mon-Thurs.
Not true. Respectfully, you can't speak for every dealership. I spoke w/ my service techs this afternoon & although the first guy had to call me back to confirm the update (and that they had received it), he told me to come in today before 4, "since it'll take roughly an hour to update & perform a car wash." Couldn't make it today but have it scheduled early tomorrow morning. He asked: "What's most convenient for you?" THIS is what customer service is all about. After all, I'm a paying customer, too. The cost of 48mths/60k miles of warranty repairs and servicing is built into the price I paid for my car.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Got my update this morning. Took 1.5 hours while car was idling. Total time including wash was 2 hrs.

Got sxm links but when I tried to access these links, a message says "subscription unknown".

DoI need to register first? Thought my subscription was free for one year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hope it only requires the car to be in ACC mode, and not actually ON wasting my gas.
I had made note of my MPG before I dropped it off for the September update, and when I picked it up, it had dropped several MPG, so I believe they did idle it for some period of time.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I had made note of my MPG before I dropped it off for the September update, and when I picked it up, it had dropped several MPG, so I believe they did idle it for some period of time.
Same here, mine was at 29.1 when I dropped it off, and I got it back today at 26.2!!! Not happy!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Got my update this morning. Took 1.5 hours while car was idling. Total time including wash was 2 hrs.

Got sxm links but when I tried to access these links, a message says "subscription unknown".

Any luck in making it work?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

Subscription is only free for 3 months and it started the day you bought the car. They all worked for me except stock prices

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.