Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be useful to post a few words about your local dealership, your ordering and/or purchasing experience with them, why you went with them vs. another dealership in your area, etc.

Please try to keep it somewhat anonymous; the goal here is to get a rough view of how your dealer has handled the launch, not to put any of them on a cross. :D

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Just got a bag for my dealer! Hahaha!

Overall, my experience with my dealer has been a really pleasant experience! I went with them cuz they gave me a better deal on my trade in and was the closest infiniti dealer to me! There were times that I questioned them but in the end they pulled thru for me! They have been prompt in answering my emails which should be more than 100 already and am still in contact with my rep! Recently asked when they will have the bright finish wheels and the appearance package and they said they have it in minus the spoiler so gonna drop by sometime this week to check it out personally! :D

Reactions: JasonH

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Sewell Infiniti of North Houston is where I made the purchase. My saleslady was excellent throughout the process - very communicative, and proactive in contacting me with updates on what was going on with the details. She was also always honest with me about what information she had and what she did not know. She also worked with me on getting me extras for the car because there was not much room for negotiation on the Q50. She also worked to give me a pretty good price on my trade in. I highly recommend Sewell Houston.

I initially started with Infiniti Southwest, but the salesman there was very unresponsive and was trying to sell me a car with tons of extras I did not want or need, and missing the sport wheels I wanted. I would not recommend them. And I have no problems name-dropping them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sewell Infiniti of Dallas. I'm not making it anonymous simply because I've had a good experience, so no harm in naming the dealership. My rep was great from my initial test drive to when I drove off of the lot, and they gave me a break on the final price after the software-induced delay.

This wasn't my first experience with Sewell. I leased my G37 years ago from their dealership in north Houston, and they treated me very well there too. In both cases, my reps were attentive and treated me like a valued customer. In both cases I drove off of the lot feeling excited and happy about my lease, which is how the experience should be. I pay it back by sharing that with friends who are shopping for a new car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
mid-west dealer. only three dealerships within 300 miles of me that had exactly what i wanted in stock. the dealer i went with was selected for their price, communication and professionalism. they matched the best net deal i had, notified me of the delay's and my contact was essentially a partner in the buying process as opposed to a salesman. feel free to PM me if you would like more information on my experience.

i have seen some more aggressive pricing in the short time i have been looking. a month ago, all i heard was msrp, but final sales are less than msrp. each individual market will be different, but there are discounts being offered.

i received generic gifts... not sure if they were the normal part of the dealership experience or if they were given as a result of the delay.

favorable experience all the way around. when i receive the survey regarding my experience, i'll most likely give 10's. haven't seen the questions, so can't say for certain, but have been pleased overall.

·
Registered
325 Posts
mid-west dealer. only three dealerships within 300 miles of me that had exactly what i wanted in stock. the dealer i went with was selected for their price, communication and professionalism. they matched the best net deal i had, notified me of the delay's and my contact was essentially a partner in the buying process as opposed to a salesman. feel free to PM me if you would like more information on my experience.

i have seen some more aggressive pricing in the short time i have been looking. a month ago, all i heard was msrp, but final sales are less than msrp. each individual market will be different, but there are discounts being offered.

i received generic gifts... not sure if they were the normal part of the dealership experience or if they were given as a result of the delay.

favorable experience all the way around. when i receive the survey regarding my experience, i'll most likely give 10's. haven't seen the questions, so can't say for certain, but have been pleased overall.
That is very important to your sales person.. if he did right by you, take care of him on the survey.. it's no bs and can effect his/her livelihood

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
That is very important to your sales person.. if he did right by you, take care of him on the survey.. it's no bs and can effect his/her livelihood
With all due respect JasonH - and I do respect you - I'm going to ask a question about the surveys.

There are a number of folks who have posted about being disappointed with the lack of contact from our salespeople. I'm just not comfortable giving all 10's when they are not deserved (the post above should though since he did get great service).

So moving forward, how would you approach the survey if you were in my/our shoes? That's not a challenge, I really want to get an idea about your perspective. I certainly don't want to impact someone's livelihood but by the same token, I don't feel they've earned a 10 in the communication bucket.

I haven't even picked up the car yet so this is premature but I didn't want to forget to ask your I out for when I do get the survey.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
Registered
325 Posts
With all due respect JasonH - and I do respect you - I'm going to ask a question about the surveys.

There are a number of folks who have posted about being disappointed with the lack of contact from our salespeople. I'm just not comfortable giving all 10's when they are not deserved (the post above should though since he did get great service).

So moving forward, how would you approach the survey if you were in my/our shoes? That's not a challenge, I really want to get an idea about your perspective. I certainly don't want to impact someone's livelihood but by the same token, I don't feel they've earned a 10 in the communication bucket.

I haven't even picked up the car yet so this is premature but I didn't want to forget to ask your I out for when I do get the survey.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
A few things to consider.. was it your salesman's fault? It directly effects him.. if it wasnt.. dont hurt him..

being in this business causes me to do the following with surveys anywhere.. I either give perfect scores or dont take the survey... unless there was rudeness or something malicious, which in that case is a different story..

It is also usually good to kerp your salesman on your side.. if you tank him on a survey and then run into an issue.. odds are he is not going to go that extra mile to make sure you are happy..

that is really about the extent I can go on the surveys since I work for Infiniti..

·
Registered
336 Posts
A few things to consider.. was it your salesman's fault? It directly effects him.. if it wasnt.. dont hurt him..

being in this business causes me to do the following with surveys anywhere.. I either give perfect scores or dont take the survey... unless there was rudeness or something malicious, which in that case is a different story..

It is also usually good to kerp your salesman on your side.. if you tank him on a survey and then run into an issue.. odds are he is not going to go that extra mile to make sure you are happy..

that is really about the extent I can go on the surveys since I work for Infiniti..
So it's NOT anonymous?

·
Registered
302 Posts

Do the people directly involved with the customer taking the survey, see the results and know who the survey was submitted by? Do they know who did and who did not take the survey?

·
Registered
302 Posts
NO lol.. we see your scores, comments, etc.. most will thank you for kind words, but be professional enough to not mention anything negative.. but we remember :)
Really. That's disappointing. Disappointing in that we don't get a thank you for being positive when we are.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Really. That's disappointing. Disappointing in that we don't get a thank you for being positive when we are.
Reread what I said.. a salesman will usually thank you for taking care of him or kind words on the survey lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Do the people directly involved with the customer taking the survey, see the results and know who the survey was submitted by? Do they know who did and who did not take the survey?
Yes we see everything.. that is the same with most, if not all, manufacturers

·
Registered
146 Posts
understood... but 10's are earned. if i come to a question and cannot provide a 10, i will give the salesperson a call and talk through it, even give an opportunity to correct it... but ultimately, i'm going to provide the answer that i feel best represents the actual experience. i do answer these fairly though... i understand they are important for the salesperson and dealer and have no interest in unfairly impacting someone's livelihood.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts

Gotcha. Good info - thanks!

I guess the counter to that is that if these surveys are so important wouldn't it be realistic to expect the salespeople to want to STRIVE to get all 10's instead of us feeling guilted into just giving them 10's?

In terms of 'fault' I would say that a call or email from the salesperson telling me what they know, and expressing their own frustration would go a long way vs. a head in the sand approach.

Once I get my survey I'll have to think about how to fill it out - but first I've got to get my car :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gotcha. Good info - thanks!

I guess the counter to that is that if these surveys are so important wouldn't it be realistic to expect the salespeople to want to STRIVE to get all 10's instead of us feeling guilted into just giving them 10's?

In terms of 'fault' I would say that a call or email from the salesperson telling me what they know, and expressing their own frustration would go a long way vs. a head in the sand approach.

Once I get my survey I'll have to think about how to fill it out - but first I've got to get my car :)
Absolutely strive for it, but nothing in life in ever perfect lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.