Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys know about this situation but I'm officially opening this up to the forum in an attempt to get some help from the masses, especially those that work at a dealership and those who may have been in a similar situation.

On December 20 the or so I signed a lease agreement and left a deposit with my dealership and salesmen. Salesmen told me I shouldn't wait around since it would take them some time to get the car out of storage and he would deliver it to me after the holidays. On January 04 or so again I spoke with my salesmen and discussed tints and delivery, I tell him to call me when the car is ready and I'll let them know when to deliver. I don't hear anything till January 17 that the dealership sold the car I had signed and left a deposit on. While I was obviously pretty upset the salesmen offered to do a speedy locate and attempt to get the proverbial pound of flesh for the mix up. Last week the salesmen called me to let me know they had a car for me at the dealership. When I asked about what the dealership was doing to remedy the initial mixup I was told he was working on it and he would call back, nothing for another week. Last week we spoke again and still no update on what the dealership was going to do and was told he was still working on it but did not want to loose anymore money on the car then needed but wanted to do the right thing And he would call me the next day and let me know the deal. No call next day and the car that was in inventory for me was now gone. Again no contact from anyone at the dealership including my salesmen as of tonight Feb 05.

My lease runs out the end of March. I signed a contract in December which included all the locality and bonus money which was a shade below 3500ish.
Any idea on options as far as continuing to wait and trust it works out, call the dealership manager, or call infiniti corporate office about this.
I'd leave and take my business elsewhere but not sure if they would honor my locality and bonus money from December.

Initial work up was for a q50s AWD with nav. I think it was based in a 60% residual and me of .00036(that could be off) I have outstanding credit and a flawless record on my current infiniti lease. 3250 locality. They were suppose to absorb my final payments of 1200 on current lease. 39 month lease was 485

And... When signed my agreement in December I picked up the stillen exhaust from Mark which is now sitting in a shop sans car. Awesome.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
That's a weird story. What dealer wants you to pick up a car in January that they contracted in December? Something smells wrong about this whole thing.

If you called me right now, I'd get you to come in and work out as good a deal as possible with current incentives. The good news is you now have one or two fewer payments to make on your G. But if I were in your shoes, I'd go visit the dealership where you made this deal and try to get them to honor the $3250 loyalty (I'm not sure how they'd do this, short of just eating the extra $1750).

The good news is that even though the incentive $$ went down this month, so did the lease costs - so if you need to renegotiate with another dealership, your monthly numbers shouldn't be much different.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I'd ditch that dealer entirely and give Infiniti Consumer Affairs a full account of the crap they put you through.

Infiniti has mandated a few things under their new President, and a big part of that is the way the dealerships look, operate, and treat customers. If there are stinkers, they need to know about it from customers, because dealerships (or sales people) that screw up like this won't report themselves. They are trying to shake the "expensive Nissan" image and that image starts at the dealership.

Anyway, hope it works out for you one way or another. I know I gave up on trying to get a Q50 after launch because of all the delays and lack of communication.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what they offered.
Any color on this lease deal for awd sport with nav.
Gross cap cost. 48053.37
Cap cost reduction ( loyalty) 2500
Adj cap cost. 45553.37
Residual. 29325
Depreciation. 16228.37
Rent. 2686.71

39 months @10k a yr.
485 per month.

So no change from above which is why same deal from 50 days ago.

Calling Infiniti consumer affairs at this point.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sphinx13, what sale price are they offering on the car?

After what happened I hope they are giving you invoice at least.

It looks similar to my lease.
My MSRP was 49.2K.
But without knowing the sale price they gave you, I can't quite say.

I came in @ $403, but I had the december loyalty @ $3250, and I maxed my MSD's which drove the monthly down about $60 - $80.
I don't remember the exact figure off the top of my head that the MSD's saved. Just the ball park figure.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That seems fairly on par then with what I got.
I'm also 39/10K.
[EDIT] I have VPP + $3250 Loyalty. My sale price was pretty close to yours.

I think the monthly cost difference between ours is probably just from me having a little more loyalty cash (+$750 over you), and the msd's.
I think my interest per month was only about $20.

Still if they sold your car out from under you or never had it to begin with.. get them to throw in maintenenance or do something. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.