Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealership vid for the Q50 with special offer from infiniti of naperville-lisle:

Infiniti of Columbus Preview Event Promo:

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Lol at the offer on the first vid ... With the exception of maintinence the offer is a joke... Really door edge guards? Lmao .... But thanks for the vids Gbert!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol at the offer on the first vid ... With the exception of maintinence the offer is a joke... Really door edge guards? Lmao .... But thanks for the vids Gbert!
Hahaha! Well the door edge guards im not gonna be particularly fond of but I would gladly get those free maintenance but what the heck is "The Protector Vehicle Protection"?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hahaha! Well the door edge guards im not gonna be particularly fond of but I would gladly get those free maintenance but what the heck is "The Protector Vehicle Protection"?
Garbage sealant and what not ... In Vegas they call it the Desert protection package = no thanks...:p

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Way to offer something that likely wont even happen - July 31st?!? G'luck getting em to honor those 'great' deals if the cars aren't in by then.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I enlarged the frame so I could read the description of the "services." The door edge guard is actually a film they apply. The basic maintenance that they say costs $478 covers oil and filter replacement, and tire rotation for 20,000 miles. Considering that standard maintenance calls for an oil change after 7,500 miles, that means that they'll give you two oil changes. WOW!!!:rolleyes: The $1,199 "Ultimate Protection Package" gives "warranteed protection of paint, leather, fabric & vinyl area for years to come." Sounds like the same B.S. that dealers used to sell, except it no longer includes rust protection.:D And how many years is "years to come?" What garbage!

I did like the promo, however.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Dude, you should pay attention to Selzini. That guy has owned more cars than years you've been alive. ;) He has seen alot of greasy dealerships over the years I imagine, and if there's anything people dread about buying cars, it's "dealing with the dealer".

It must be hard running a dealership these days thanks to the internet. Everyone can find out MSRP and invoice for anything, making it harder for the dealer to make money. Personally I think they should make a few bucks up front then a few bucks in service during the life of the car. Shockingly, my Infiniti dealer charged me less to change all my belts around 80k than the oil change shop that spotted it and pointed it out. Bonus that I got to drive a newer G37 while they worked on it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Dude, you should pay attention to Selzini. That guy has owned more cars than years you've been alive. ;) He has seen alot of greasy dealerships over the years I imagine, and if there's anything people dread about buying cars, it's "dealing with the dealer".

It must be hard running a dealership these days thanks to the internet. Everyone can find out MSRP and invoice for anything, making it harder for the dealer to make money. Personally I think they should make a few bucks up front then a few bucks in service during the life of the car. Shockingly, my Infiniti dealer charged me less to change all my belts around 80k than the oil change shop that spotted it and pointed it out. Bonus that I got to drive a newer G37 while they worked on it.
Thanks for the recommendation.:) As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that the availability of good service, and the quality of a product, are more important than possibly saving a few dollars. Of course I want a good deal, but a good dealership is worth a lot more. If you can have both, then you've hit the jackpot. I don't know the dealership that started off this thread, but based on that ad, there's no way I would go to them. I have a feeling that the dealership really pressures their customers to buy that crap, and I'm sure there will be some who take it. For me, I wouldn't even walk into their showroom. Many years ago, when I was about to buy a Camry(and Toyota dealers are famous for stuff like this), after the deal was "finalized," and we sat down to sign the papers, they offered us the same kind of crap. When we declined, the sales manager said that he wouldn't let us leave until we added their protection package!:eek: When we stood up to walk out, he relented some and told me he'd "give" it to us for half price(which tells you how much the stuff is really worth). We walked out. A dealership like that is not worth dealing with. It isn't cynicism, it's experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.