Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another irritating thing I've found. I have a mount for my iPad mini in the car. I can change the audio input to iPad and the audio is off from movies etc. Sigh. Anyone know how to fix this or why it does this

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Please tell me that you are NOT watching movies while you are driving. And if you aren't, why would you sit in your car to watch a movie(unless you were at a drive-in).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) first off. What does your answer have to do with the question? Perhaps your inflated post count is indicative of your pointless posts like the one you just made.

2) do you have the one seater version of the Q50 that I don't have? Because last I checked I have room for four other passengers that may want to watch a movie (including children should I so desire) on long road trips and the iPad is a little hard to hear from the stock speakers when driving 75+ mph on the highway plus conversations etc.

Sorry for the rudeness but your rude, assumptive, and pointless post (in relation to the original question) garners a rude response.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
(This ought to be good) :p

I hate to be an instigator but let me just say something..

Matth3w, re-read your original post and look at it from another perspective. Surely, without appropriate context, why wouldn't selzini make an assumption like that? I don't think it's a pointless post to make primarily since selzini has been here for a long time and I know him to be a person with considerable conviction when it comes to driver responsibility.

I understand how it may have come off as rude, but you shouldn't necessarily be obliged to fire back with more rudeness. That doesn't really help anyone.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Have you tried to put it through the video and audio in spots yet and used auxiliary?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Simpson, I very much appreciate you "having my back." I'm glad that some people understand my concern. Personally, I feel that things like movies should ONLY be available to be seen in the back. As much as someone might say they would not pay attention to a video while driving, it is too much of a distraction up front. I have seen too many idiots on the road in the past 20 years, who have absolutely no sense of responsibility towards those around them, whether it be this example, or others which I won't name here(since it would only further the "heat.") Again, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I noticed that there is a lag with the Bluetooth audio as well, not that big of a lag though. I don't use it to watch movies but sometimes when I'm parked up waiting by the train for my gf, I'll use the Slingplayer on my iPhone to watch the NY Rangers game and I'll use BTA for audio and there is a lag. I'd see the goal before I hear that they scored. Also noticed a lag when sending commands like skip using BTA. I'm guessing its just a limitation or maybe and iPhone/iPad thing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 TL SH-AWD and it has the BT audio lag with my iPhone. Other cars I've been in do not. Some portable BT speakers lag, and some don't. I think it's just a certain BT implementation that causes it. Maybe a particular chipset?

The Q50 is currently going to be my next car and I was really hoping that it wouldn't have the BT lag. I do watch quite a bit of video in the car while waiting on various kid activities and I have to switch to line in to do that. Not a show stopper since I live with it now, but it would have been nice if they could have tested this against maybe a Subaru...they don't have BT lag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.