Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems a number of us are waiting on cars that were originally scheduled to be delivered last week. There have been several posts indicating Infiniti is doing the software update for these vehicles at the port, which has caused delays.

Thought we could start a thread to see when people start hearing from their dealers about their cars being delivered.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Just got off the phone with my salesman. I have an 8/2 car also and it's stuck at port getting updates. Sewell of Dallas said all their 8/2 cars are stuck there. The ones on the lot have been updated minus a few that were stubborn with the updating process. Evidently some cars don't like it. It is also very time consuming, 3 hours or so he said.

I guess it makes me feel better knowing it will get done properly at port rather than shipping here and taunting me on the lot while they try their luck with updating it at the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealership is clueless and they can't give me an ETA. I also was scheduled for delivery on 8/2 week but no updates other than "my apologies, we'll let you know when it comes in" and that it's stuck at the port.

It seems like the hybrid models are slower to get to dealerships for northern NJ. I pre-ordered in June. Also, they haven't given me any info regarding software updates other than those that haven't been delivered yet will be updated at the port. Pretty consistent with everyone else.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
They have a matching car in the showroom but it has a stone interior (instead of graphite) and 19's. I am tempted but there's no way I'm worrying about jeans staining the seats, especially in a lease. I will just wait patiently.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just got off the phone with my salesman. I have an 8/2 car also and it's stuck at port getting updates. Sewell of Dallas said all their 8/2 cars are stuck there. The ones on the lot have been updated minus a few that were stubborn with the updating process. Evidently some cars don't like it. It is also very time consuming, 3 hours or so he said.

I guess it makes me feel better knowing it will get done properly at port rather than shipping here and taunting me on the lot while they try their luck with updating it at the dealer.
Ha, mine is one of the ones at Sewell that's not updating properly! Sucks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a dealer in South Atlanta that has a Graphite Shadow Hybrid/Sport/Tech (what I want), but with graphite interior instead of stone. Black seats get hot in ATL, but I like the way they look better. I wear jeans every day (although a short commute), and the stone leather in my 2006 M shows no sign. It does show wear though...

I almost went to get the car in South ATL yesterday, but my dealer has been good to me, and the South Atlanta dealer painful in my brief interaction.

Someone please go buy that car before my restraint fails.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Ha, mine is one of the ones at Sewell that's not updating properly! Sucks.
Yeah bro, I feel your pain. The situation with BenW's car possibly missing some apps tells me they called it quits for the day and sent him home with it because they were tired of being there. If it's a 3 hour process, he would have had to wait 3 hours, and that's if it went well.

Good luck to you. I'm sure they'll get on the phone with tech support and figure it out, even if they have to start over from scratch. :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yep, I'm in the same boat. 8/2 estimated delivery date (week of), but dealer has no idea where it is. I asked if they could track the car, but they said not really. I assume mine is at the port in CA but I have no idea.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My dealership is clueless and they can't give me an ETA. I also was scheduled for delivery on 8/2 week but no updates other than "my apologies, we'll let you know when it comes in" and that it's stuck at the port.

It seems like the hybrid models are slower to get to dealerships for northern NJ. I pre-ordered in June. Also, they haven't given me any info regarding software updates other than those that haven't been delivered yet will be updated at the port. Pretty consistent with everyone else.
True for the most part.. there are a few out there but they were slower to arrive in this area.. best I have heard is it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get all of the cars at the port updated and delivered to dealers

·
Registered
302 Posts
True for the most part.. there are a few out there but they were slower to arrive in this area.. best I have heard is it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get all of the cars at the port updated and delivered to dealers
It sounds like Infiniti spent a lot of time planning for distribution and updates (NOT)! It was great that they got the cars across the water. However, what use are they if they can't be delivered. This is starting to look like an epic fail for them.

I'm tempted to get my deposit back and wait a few months before ordering. Let them get their distribution set straight, get the right updates to the cars, get the pre-installed apps working the way they should. Last I looked, the money factor and purchase price didn't consider that I'd be an 'early adopter' helping them work out the kinks while I spend time at the service department.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not to mention, I don't think many of the dealers have a clue yet (not aimed at you JasonH). I just had a dealer who I once bought an infiniti from call to see if I was interested in the Q50. I told him what I was looking for. I asked him about the state of updates at his dealership. He told me they were done. I asked what the story is with the pre-installed apps. He insisted they were working, as long as I have Pandora and IheartRadio on my smartphone. I then had to teach him about the different methods of streaming audio to an infiniti vehicle and that the process as intended for the Q50 was different. The conversation went quiet. He now needs to check with his techs.

Infiniti isn't ready for this. Not on many points.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, I have lurked for months, created an id a few weeks back and now finally have something to add. I pre-ordered from Sewell Dallas back in May and had an 8/2 delivery too. My salesman (who I have purchased from before) sent me an email today and said my VIN has been updated with a week of 8/23 delivery to dealer. Matches up to what Jason said.

Ordered Q50 S Hybrid RWD loaded in Venetian Red

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yep, I'm in the same boat. 8/2 estimated delivery date (week of), but dealer has no idea where it is. I asked if they could track the car, but they said not really. I assume mine is at the port in CA but I have no idea.
+ 1, precisely word by word. :( "Supposed to be Aug." was the last update I received.

Also in Seattle area.

I'm wondering if Hybrids ARE taking longer time as some mentioned, besides the general delay at the port. .. :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
+ 1, precisely word by word. :(

Also in Seattle area.

I'm wondering if Hybrids ARE taking longer time as some mentioned, besides the general delay at the port. .. :confused:
Seems just the general delay at the port is effecting hybrids more.. good chance the reason is hybrid's were a smaller number ordered, and since most were pre ordered, it is more noticeable

·
Registered
325 Posts
Metro infiniti in Monrovia ca. has 32 cars on inventory. I picked mine up today:)
If you work there just say so.. how would you know "32" cars? Lol

anyway from what im hearing the cars are the port will be out to dealers within 2 to 3 weeks.. so all in august.. could be different in different parts of the country though

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you work there just say so.. how would you know "32" cars? Lol

anyway from what im hearing the cars are the port will be out to dealers within 2 to 3 weeks.. so all in august.. could be different in different parts of the country though
So does "within" mean anytime before? Or is it going to be a minimum of 2 weeks?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.