Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Destination Send-to-Car Feature

26K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Q50SHybridAusTex 
#1 ·
How does this feature work? Can you use it through the Infiniti Connect app or do you have to do through the Infiniti Connect website? Anyone with experience using this feature?

#2 ·
I did it the other day by going to google maps and selecting send to auto. Went to the car and under Infiniti connect app sync'ed all and there it was

#7 ·
It works great for me. Do you have an android phone or iPhone? If you have an android phone down the following app Send To Car. Setup your profile real quick and your ID is your Infiniti Connection username. Once on google maps and you find something, send it to your car and enter your infiniti connection user name. When in the car go under Send to Car under Infiniti Connection and it has a "G" as the icon picture.

Refresh it and it should be there.

#13 ·
I'm confused; do I send the address from the "send to car" app or from Google Maps?

Once on google maps and you find something, send it to your car and enter your infiniti connection user name.
It works great for me. Do you have an android phone or iPhone? If you have an android phone down the following app Send To Car. Setup your profile real quick and your ID is your Infiniti Connection username. Once on google maps and you find something, send it to your car and enter your infiniti connection user name. When in the car go under Send to Car under Infiniti Connection and it has a "G" as the icon picture.

Refresh it and it should be there.

#8 ·
Are you using Google Send to Car (google's feature) or Destination Send to Car (Infiniti's feature)? I find the google one a bit more intuitive and easier to use. Either way, the ID you'll use is the email address you used when you created your Owner Portal Account - presumably you did this with your salesperson when you bought the car, or on your own shortly thereafter. I use my same gmail address for both the owner portal and for log-in to google maps. I don't know what happens if you have two different emails for those two systems.

In google maps, you need to be logged in to your account (at least that seems to be the way it works now - a few months ago it was different - you could send an address to any car/email address then). If you're logged in, you should see a "send to car" button under the address in the upper left corner of the screen. Just press that and next time you get in your car, go into the Infiniti Connection menu and press the icon with the lower case "g" on it. If it is your first time using it, I believe you have to press the "g" button twice or hit the "update" button a second time. The address(es) you sent should then show up.

I'm not sitting in my car right now so I'm typing these instructions from memory. Hopefully I got it all right. If I wasn't clear, please ask for clarification.

#9 ·
yeah... it is good feature if InTouch loading is a bit faster and Infiniti is not using 2G. The time you turn on your engine, it will take more than 2 minutes to get your destination set to. It is a lot faster entering the direction directly since direction is available immediately.

I also noticed, after my last up-to-date intouch update, this feature broke for some reason. In internet browser, when I sent the direction from google map, the Infiniti Connection does not give me the list anymore. I am not sure if the google side is broken or Infiniti Connection is not getting it.

#10 ·
Thanks! I forgot to try this feature and just did, works great.

While I do not see the convenience for every day addresses as you can look up an address in the car just as quickly as you can do online but I do see it useful if you are in sales and have many stops to make in a day.

It will however be very useful to me for fishing spots as there are no addresses associated with my "secret" spots. ;)

#11 ·
Also if you are using Google from the web and have the new Google site you have to switch to Classic Google to get the option to send to car to come up.

#12 ·
carolina, the feature is back in the new version. At least it is for me, as long as I'm logged in to google using the email address I have associated with the car.

#16 ·
I was trying out this feature this weekend and I really like it but does anyone know how you can clear the list of locations you have sent? Once an address gets to the second page on the list you can't scroll to it while the car is moving so I would like to delete all the ones I have sent before and keep it to one page.

#21 ·
I have a question about this feature. I can get it to work perfectly using the InTouch Google app. But, when I try it using the Infiniti Connection Send-to-Car function, it says it is connecting to the center and then never stops downloading. I've tried waiting several minutes for the download to complete but it never does. I have an active Infiniti Connection subscription. The Google version works fine, but I think it is a couple of extra steps over the IC version and it does require my phone to be plugged in and the Infiniti Connection app to be open in order to download the destination.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and has been able to resolve. Thanks!

#23 ·
I've used the Infiniti Connection Send-to-Car function many times. It's a nice convenience to be able to use my desktop PC to plan a trip and then send the destination or the route to my car. I'm pretty sure the Send-to-Car functions use the built-in 2G internet connection and not your phone. So, is the little Connection icon displayed in the upper right corner of the top screen when you try this? I have had Send-to-Car fail if I'm still in my garage. The other day I had to back out to have open sky and it worked just fine.

Bye.

#24 ·
I've thought that might be an issue, so I have tried it in the driveway, out of the garage, to no avail. The connection icon is displayed. Are you using Send-to-Car through Infiniti Connection or Google? I normally go to Google Maps from my computer and then send the destination from there. I'm assuming that Infiniti Connection will pick it up from my account, but maybe that is incorrect. The Google app always downloads what I've sent from Google Maps on my computer, so I know I've got it set up correctly with my Infiniti owner portal account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.