Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my experienced and passionate auto detailers what’s your favorite sealant? I have a side auto detailing business and Iv been using Rejex for years and I absolutely love it! Iv easily achieved nearly a year of protection on numerous vehicles with just Rejex alone! Iv read great reviews on Powerlock and a few Wolfgang sealants as well but can’t bring myself to betray ol faithful lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Collinite 845
Collinite 915
Finish Kare 1000P High-temp paste wax
Jescar Power Lock

I've been using Collinite 845 the most. FK1000P I use on the wheels.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Huge lover of rejex until I tried CMX ceramic coating. Your customers will love the shine and the durability. Incredible results!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Awesome and outstanding points. However it’s about both prep and sealant. Proper prep includes wash with a wax and grease cutting soap along with clay bar at bare minimum. Then with the proper sealant the car will shine like a shiny new quarter.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
My favorite regimen is the good ol’ Klasse twins, Sonus Acrylic Glanz/Quick Detail Spritz and pure a carnauba top coat.

Huge lover of rejex until I tried CMX ceramic coating. Your customers will love the shine and the durability. Incredible results!
Of course, shine is a product of prep and polish not sealant though, right?

·
Registered
659 Posts
My favorite regimen is the good ol’ Klasse twins, Sonus Acrylic Glanz/Quick Detail Spritz and pure a carnauba top coat.

Of course, shine is a product of prep and polish not sealant though, right?
Yes, in most cases. However the sealant is extremely important as it may indeed dull that shine after prep. Pure carnauba is a awesome way to go.

And once again you have the best Avatar on the entire forum.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
nice I’ll have to check that out! I use it on top of fully protected vehicles so longevity isn’t my main concern

Btw - it's not a wax (or maybe contains some wax) and doesn't give a shine like Collinite does but the surface is still relatively smooth and clean even after being soaked in some rains and car washes. It doesn't seem to attract dirt that much either.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,094 Posts
Where's pdqgp? I'm sure our resident detailer can talk sealant with you for days.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Where's pdqgp? I'm sure our resident detailer can talk sealant with you for days.
He is pretty much all in on coatings now. I've been following his work on Autogeek and seems like he uses coatings on his own vehicles and suggests them to most customers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use Optimum spray wax as a drying aid every second wash so the car looks waxed all the time.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Back in 2013, before I took possession of the Q50, the same type of question was being discussed. I made two posts about what I used: Master Formula Sealer Gloss. At the Atlanta Auto Show, they had a special price for the two bottles (the other was for the metal gloss). As I said in the posts, I put in on my brand new G35X, and when I traded it in six years later, the general manager of the Infiniti dealership said my car looked brand new. I've never seen the product in stores, but it probably is still being sold on-line. I used it on my Q50 as soon as I brought it home, and haven't polished the car since - just waxing it a couple of times a year. The paint still looks new. I haven't checked, but I assume that there are still some videos on line from the company. Just one more product to consider.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I plan to use the R1 products

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ceramic coating is not scratch proof, its a marketing scam. It makes the paint easier to clean and protect from bird droppings but its not scratch or stone chip proof.
Yea I don't buy that either, but outside of that it looks like a fantastic product

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yea I don't buy that either, but outside of that it looks like a fantastic product
Exactly! Nothing will prevent scratches other than plastic. But the ceramic is a outstanding product with awesome protection and outstanding results.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts