Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

as unfortunately the Q50 isn't out here yet (awaited 08.11.) and even after some research in the WEB, I couldn't really find out what the exact differences on the exterior and interior of the different options is:

1. basic
2. premium
3. sport

I know from a dealer nearby and a lot of pictures how the sport looks like, but that is the only car depictured also in the brochure.

I really like the looks of the car and the very nice package of what you get for your money. So it would be great if someone can describe what the difference is and even better, post pictures that clearly state which version of the car it is.

-------

I'm planning to purchase the Premium-Version, as all the technical additions of the Sport are just increasing the price for things I don't really need. But being able to see some real live pictures from people who actually have the car will help making my decision maybe even before actually trying it out myself.

--------------------

Further question. Has someone any experience on the 170PS Diesel version they sell?

(as an additional information, I'm looking closer at 4 cars currently: AUDI A4 / BMW 3 / MAZDA 6 & the Q50)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Q50pOG

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Hi there,

as unfortunately the Q50 isn't out here yet (awaited 08.11.) and even after some research in the WEB, I couldn't really find out what the exact differences on the exterior and interior of the different options is:

1. basic
2. premium
3. sport

I know from a dealer nearby and a lot of pictures how the sport looks like, but that is the only car depictured also in the brochure.

I really like the looks of the car and the very nice package of what you get for your money. So it would be great if someone can describe what the difference is and even better, post pictures that clearly state which version of the car it is.

-------

I'm planning to purchase the Premium-Version, as all the technical additions of the Sport are just increasing the price for things I don't really need. But being able to see some real live pictures from people who actually have the car will help making my decision maybe even before actually trying it out myself.

--------------------

Further question. Has someone any experience on the 170PS Diesel version they sell?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Q50pOG
You don't say where you are, but since the car hasn't arrived there yet, and because you say the arrival date is "8.11," I have to assume that you are in Europe(the U.K?). (For those not familiar with the way dates are written elsewhere, the month and day are reversed from the way it's done in the U.S.). Anyway, all you need to do is go through the topics in the categories on the forum, and you'll find all the information you'll need. In addition, here is the URL for the Q50 in the U.K. That should get you some answers:

Infiniti Q50 luxury sedan - Infiniti prestige cars

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually I'm from Germany.

Thanks for the link, but I know that one and it shows perfectly the problem. Every single picture on that page is from the Sport version. Google for Q50 Premium and all pictures show the same cars, Sports version.

No picture says it if it's a Premium version instead of a sport.

I've found some pictures from the "Mine has arrived" topic in this forum and I believe I found some differences, but I'm still not to sure about it.

My believe so far:

- Interior is pretty much the same: different seats in the sport, but in general everything else is the same or related to special packages

- It seems like the Sport has two exterior differences only:
1. The lower front hatch looks the same as the upper hatch, where the Premium version has a different lower hatch. (lines and not crossed)
2. The Spoiler has the same form on both versions, but on the Sport it's a bit more defined, a bit mor aggressive, a bit less softly curved. But in general, the same form?!

But nowhere to really be sure if I'm right and this is the only difference.

In Germany there are only 5 Dealers, luckily one is in the next town. They have a virtual configurator there, but it's by now only working with the Sports version. :rolleyes:

And as told, the brochure is the same. All data is available, no problem there. But pictures? - No!

(and again an additional info, as I'm searching for a new company car [changed companies] and have to order it as soon as possible, I'm trying to gather more infos on the Q50. Actually it looks like it could become a favourite for my selection, but if I somehow skip it, I can order another car earlier)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Here is a sample pic and some discussion on the matter.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/ne...rts-versus-happy-premium-front-bumpers-3.html

(This link starts on pg 3 - sorry about that! The pic is on the first page of the thread).

Also, sport package has the following (going by memory so I may miss something):

Sport seats with bolster adjustments as well as thigh extenders (very important to me!)
Paddle shifters
Aluminum sport pedals for gas/brake
Awesome looking wheels (you can get as a standalone option in the US if you just want the wheels)
Enhanced brakes
The front fascia - seems like you already know that difference but the linked thread has a photo sample.

Hope that helps a bit.

Of course European options may be different so you may want to check the Infiniti website to make sure there aren't any other differences.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
You should also be able to download a 'brochure' from your country's Infiniti website,

I could only download a spec sheet even though it says brochure. You'll have to give them an email and zip code but that would probably be your best bet to find out what your specific country's specs are.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
see attached files for q50 specs, more in second post
now have all the specs on Q50 total 15 pages in two posts. good luck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The standard and premium versions look the same visually. The front lower facia is different on the Sport model.

Sport in White

Premium in White

Sport in Blue

Premium in BLue

They don't sell the diesel here in US so no one can comment on that. But the sport has bigger bolster seats, bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, and bigger 19" wheels standard.

Not sure what options packages are offered over in Europe. I do believe they offer power folding mirrors

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Just to clarify - both of the premium pics above have the optional, standalone 19" wheel upgrade. Makes it confusing since you are trying to compare.

Also, one other difference on the front is that the premium has chrome accents above the fog lights where the same accents are black on the sport.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
pics above are bad examples. Both of those premiums show sport brakes and sport wheels (although the sport wheels are an option on the premium - but the brakes are not). Small detail, but important.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the helpful links, pics and explanations.

Good to know the wheels are different on the Premium, any pics on a Premium with standard wheels 17"?

@ infos in germany
It's really the situation right now, no pictures etc., as the car is not yet introduced. It'll be available on the 7th/8th of November. And unfortunately, even my dealer has no additional infos.:rolleyes:

But this all info helps to get a better picture. Just had a test-drive with a BMW 3er today. Nice car, but then again... there are so many additional costs that are not easy detectable. Just to have a cupholder installed you need a whole package where it's integrated. I mean come on; no cupholder in a premium Sedan?

Kinda strange and a bit sniffy in my opinion.

BTW. Which color is this one, and which color do you prefer. (I'm quite sure there is a color-topic, with the various possibilities shown?!)

Regards,
Q50pOG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.