Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I am ready to make a purchase. I want a Hybrid but the dealer could not locate the color I want. Nothing within thousands of miles and nothing coming. Should I settle for a gas with the color I want or Hybrid without the color I want.
What would you do?

·
Registered
325 Posts
That seems weird that nothing is coming anywhere.. what config are you looking for and where do you live?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Alright. I am ready to make a purchase. I want a Hybrid but the dealer could not locate the color I want. Nothing within thousands of miles and nothing coming. Should I settle for a gas with the color I want or Hybrid without the color I want.
What would you do?
I was in your position. They hybrid wasn't in the color I want. So I went with the gas model.

I didn't want to wait and was ok with the gas. If you can wait, do that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What would you do?
Personally, I think you should wait. A car in your configuration and color will pop up soon enough. I was in the same situation just two weeks ago. They told me there wasn't a car within a thousand miles with my color and configuration, but a couple days ago they were able to locate the exact car I wanted.

My philosophy is, you're spending this much money, so you need to get what you really want. You don't want to leave anything to the "what ifs?" and "I wish I had waited." I've rushed my decision on cars before, and although I was happy in the beginning, after the novelty wore off, I wished that I'd just held off a little longer. Just hold off a bit more if you can, it'll be worth it.

The worst thing that can happen if you wait is that you'll have a little more money in your pocket when it comes time to purchase :D

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
If you don't want to wait, get the hybrid in the color you don't want. Unless you just truly hate the color.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Personally, I think you should wait. A car in your configuration and color will pop up soon enough. I was in the same situation just two weeks ago. They told me there wasn't a car within a thousand miles with my color and configuration, but a couple days ago they were able to locate the exact car I wanted.

My philosophy is, you're spending this much money, so you need to get what you really want. You don't want to leave anything to the "what ifs?" and "I wish I had waited." I've rushed my decision on cars before, and although I was happy in the beginning, after the novelty wore off, I wished that I'd just held off a little longer. Just hold off a bit more if you can, it'll be worth it.

The worst thing that can happen if you wait is that you'll have a little more money in your pocket when it comes time to purchase :D
Agreed! I wouldnt want to spend all that money and just compromise! I would like to get the car and color I want if I were to spend all that money! If needing to have it right now is really a factor then factor in what u can live with! Would color be something really be important? Would gas savings or power be more of a factor?

In the end, if u really had to settle, weigh in your pros and cons well and see which benefits you most! Factor in the packages as well since it'll be an important part of getting a gasser or a hybrid!

Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Soon2Q50

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Stick to your guns, don't compromise on what you want because dealer says so- tell them if you want my business find the car you want. Few weeks or even a month is worth the wait for exactly what you want. It's your money they want so you should get what you want. Don't settle for less- have a little patience.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I want the Hybrid + Chestnut Bronze + Graphite Interior + Nav + Tech.
Now you definitely need to get the color/trim you wanted! We are in dire need of Chestnut Bronze Q50s here! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Probably a special order... I only see ONE in the country between now and the end of october.. it is in florida... if you wanted to hop a plane I could tell you where in fl you could get it lol
If that is the color combo you want get it! Call the dealer and make a deal over the phone. Have it transferred to your local dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I want the Hybrid + Chestnut Bronze + Graphite Interior + Nav + Tech.
I'm really gravitating towards the Chestnut Bronze for I feel that it's going to be a much less ubiquitous color on the road....and of course, it looks great. :D

I just checked cars.com and it does seem to be a very rare color for the Hybrid Premium. I've seen the color mostly on Hybrid Sport and gasser Premium models.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Probably a special order... I only see ONE in the country between now and the end of october.. it is in florida... if you wanted to hop a plane I could tell you where in fl you could get it lol
Do special orders for customers not get tagged on InfinitiUSA.com's retailer inventory page? In other words, the site will allow you to search for a particular build/trim, and tell you not only whats currently available at area dealers, but also provide you w/ cars that are "In Transit". Reason I ask is because my order form shows an ETA of 'wk of 8/30', but it has not arrived yet. I also didn't see it listed on my dealer's "In Transit" page on Infiniti's website. Is this typical? Not sure if you got my PM last wk; I have a VIN if you are able to help me locate the current location of my car? Thanks in advance! (Sorry to hijack your thread OP; the chestnut bronze is a real beauty in person :))

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK Now the dealer tells me there is the hybrid with the color I want coming but without the tech package! Oh my. I hate choices!!
Dont think I can sleep tonight with all these decisions I have to make.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
OK Now the dealer tells me there is the hybrid with the color I want coming but without the tech package! Oh my. I hate choices!!
Dont think I can sleep tonight with all these decisions I have to make.
Don't get it w/o the tech! Considering it's on your wish list, I think this is one of the packages you'd have buyer's remorse later on for not waiting to get.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.