Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a way to disable the *very loud* alarm honk when the doors are locked and the security system is armed using the intelligent key fob ?

Its really annoying (did i mention how loud it is ! :mad:

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
PAGE 3-18 OWNERS MANUAL

To switch the hazard indicator and horn
(chime) operation, push the LOCK​

and UNLOCK​
*2 buttons on the Intelligent
Key simultaneously for more than
2 seconds.

.​
When the hazard indicator mode is set,
the hazard indicator flashes 3 times.

.​
When the hazard indicator and horn
mode is set, the hazard indicator

flashes once and the horn chirps once.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Many thanks for that honky tip. Worked perfectly. Couldn't stand that horn.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: ATLGsofAllSorts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
89 Posts
You could also just touch the door handle after closing the door. Works like a charm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I actually prefer using the button on the door handle. Keeps me from fishing my key out of my pocket, briefcase, etc. I know... just pure lazy. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I actually prefer using the button on the door handle. Keeps me from fishing my key out of my pocket, briefcase, etc. I know... just pure lazy. :rolleyes:
Right! There's no practical need to remove the key from your pocket. Defeats the purpose of the wireless "intelligent" key. But, to each his own. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not sure if I've mentioned this on this forum or not but we decided to go completely keyless in the house. Keys never leave my pocket or my wife's purse.

Keyless entry and ignition on our cars, keypad on the garage overhead doors and a schlage keyless deadbolt going from the garage to the house. Just use a keypad, enter a code quickly and we're in.

I love not having to take my keys out for anything. Now I just need to get my office door on a keypad lock and I'm all set!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
The other way to do it is to go into the Vehicle menu under Settings and change the "Answer Back Horn" setting from convenience to Security.

Reactions: Fateswarning

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Not sure if I've mentioned this on this forum or not but we decided to go completely keyless in the house. Keys never leave my pocket or my wife's purse.

Keyless entry and ignition on our cars, keypad on the garage overhead doors and a schlage keyless deadbolt going from the garage to the house. Just use a keypad, enter a code quickly and we're in.

I love not having to take my keys out for anything. Now I just need to get my office door on a keypad lock and I'm all set!
We are doing the same. Getting couple of these delivered tomorrow and will be installing them over the weekend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I did this and it worked. Only problem is that the "chirp" that I used to get when I locked the doors by touching the door handle is now gone. I've messed with the options from both the horn mode and car settings menu to no avail. Can anyone help me with getting that chirp sound back?

Right now, I've only been able to get either the beep sound, or hazard lights confirmation.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Am I missing something here? Why not just lock the car from the door on the inside, as you depart?
There is a risk that you press the interior lock button, shut the door, and walk away leaving the keys in the car. That's why I don't do it. Not sure if the Q50 will prevent that scenario like it does when it will prevent you from shutting trunk when key is in trunk, etc.

It's probably best practice to lock from outside, however unlikely the possibility that the safeties fail.

·
Registered
686 Posts
There is a risk that you press the interior lock button, shut the door, and walk away leaving the keys in the car. That's why I don't do it. Not sure if the Q50 will prevent that scenario like it does when it will prevent you from shutting trunk when key is in trunk, etc.

It's probably best practice to lock from outside, however unlikely the possibility that the safeties fail.
The system is designed so that if you leave the keys in the car and use the button on the door handle, that the doors will not lock and you'll get warning beeps that you left your keys. Only way to lock yourself out is by hitting the interior switch, but I rarely see anyone doing that anymore.

Reactions: c87

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Well, I learned something. I always thought that those "chirps" were so that blind drivers would get a confirmation that the vehicle is locked. Sighted drivers of course can get a confirmation from the flashing lights.

Whenever I hear those beeps I say "What?". Very annoying. I wish blind people would just quit driving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.