Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything using the search function.

I'm trying to disable the automatic lock feature when the car reaches 15 mph. On the G37 I think you just held down the lock button on the key but that doesn't seem to be working with the Q50.

Any help in getting rid of this annoying feature would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Section 3-5

. All doors lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).
All doors unlock automatically when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.
The automatic unlock function can be deactivated or activated. To deactivate or activate the automatic door unlock system, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.
When the automatic door unlock system is deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. To unlock the door manually, use the inside lock knob or the power door lock switch (driver’s or front passenger’s side).
The automatic door unlock function can be changed on the lower display. (See the Infiniti InTouch Owner’s Manual.)

Also in section 8-22 of the In-Touch manual.

If you haven't downloaded the manuals to your computer or ipad I would strongly suggest doing so. Makes it easy to search for terms.

Look for the thread 'mother of all manuals' or something like that or go to the Infiniti website and download them. Helps a lot!

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think all of these only apply to automatic UNlock, not auto lock.

The settings in the menu screen for example only have auto unlock setting but not auto lock setting.

I will keep looking though.

Thanks for replies.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Interesting. I didn't notice that. Not sure why one wouldn't want their doors locked when driving so I guess that makes sense?

Reactions: ProsperDad

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Notice an asterisk (*) next to [Auto Lock]*
* = if so equipped. I am not sure, it might required tech package.
Not sure what that function does, I'll test it out tomorrow morning unless someone beat me to up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't see the [Auto Lock] function on my car. I guess they took it out for some reason.

Not sure what that function does, I'll test it out tomorrow morning unless someone beat me to up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the tech package. I still dont have an Auto Lock. Just the "unlock". Looks like it didnt make it into this release of the software, but is in the InTouch manual. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I have to check but I think mine locks and unlocks when put/taking out of park.

I'll triple check this and report back.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This may be something that is controlled via the consult systems that the dealerships use. These systems can change some settings that aren't changeable via the intouch system.
Btw... my g37 used to auto lock as well. Not sure if I could change the settings via the in car menus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.