Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll echo what some folks have mentioned on this message board.

The In Touch has resulted in a huge disappointment. I'm on my 3rd Infiniti - six total Nissan products under my belt between my wife and I.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people making excuses for Infiniti or finding this anywhere near acceptable. Has the bar been set this low? I didn't buy a Hyundai or Kia.

I replaced my G37 with a Q50, and luckily got it before we replaced my wife's Rogue with a Q60. The problems with this system were frustrating enough to cause us to ditch Infiniti for the SUV and go with a Durango (which I prefer driving to my Q50 at this point.) I, however, have the luxury sedan that seems like its running a glitchy Windows Vista on too little RAM.

-Up to two minutes to boot the system?
-No Backup lines most of the time with the backup camera?
-No backup sound when you're getting close... ever?
-Never mind the fact that hardly any of the proposed integration with phone and apps works.
-The system is not intuitive. My steering wheel is full of a bunch of buttons I never use, yet things I use all the time have me reaching for the overly cluttered touch screen.
-How are there three active screens, but when I turn my car on - none of them are capable of, by default, displaying what is on the radio? Instead I get an enormous clock, to go along with the two other clocks.

I keep coming back here to these boards hoping to see some good news, but its all the same. No software release. No Patch. No fix. Infiniti already lost one of our re-leases, and I'm glad we did that.

I think the car drives great when everything works, and it looks great as well. But this sucks, and is frustrating .

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Talk about setting a low bar? You find a Durango acceptable? Driving a Durango is its own punishment. I do believe that you pretty much negated every point you made. I'm disappointed in you. :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then you see my point exactly.
I shouldn't prefer my wife's 2014 Durango Limited that is the "mom car" over my Infiniti.

But I do. Because when I get in and turn it on? It works. Everything works.

Talk about setting a low bar? You find a Durango acceptable? Driving a Durango is its own punishment. I do believe that you pretty much negated every point you made. I'm disappointed in you. :eek:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Other than apps availability (i.e pandora), I don't have any complaint with the car but I am just curious is there a way to get Infiniti attention like getting the buy back because mis-marketing? lemon law? Safety concern?? (I believe Misterba is working on that). The apps are already part of the price and people paid for it already but Infiniti has't even giving any idea at all of when. I understand it might get delayed again if they say something but I worked as software developer. We need to hit the target no matter what. I even work late to make sure that happens. Our top level keep apologizing and tries to inform their customers on what's going on.

People here who does not care about apps can say this is ridicilous and dramatic or what so ever but everyone is different on the expectation why they buy a car. Most older generation of course they don't care about it. For me, I spent most of my driving during commute time and having access to be able to switch around musics or podcast matters. Even ILX does it real good!

The other thing that I don't understand is that I heard the delay is due to licensing but why don't they deliver things that do not tied to license?
If this issue is affecting the brand, I wonder why they are not doing anything at all? no clear communication at least??? I feel like the execs do not see this as issue at all. I am asking if you feel this is a problem, is there anything we could do (as a group) to get their attention? Any compensation after paying premium for something not delivered? I have tried to get info from ICA and spoke to their superior and same responses like everyone else here or facebook.

note: some of u will say, use your phone for Pandora. That is something I am trying to avoid because once I am in Pandora, I am not able to switch playlist or changed to music in my iPhone. I have to unlock and use my phone to do that. That is serious distraction.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
note: some of u will say, use your phone for Pandora. That is something I am trying to avoid because once I am in Pandora, I am not able to switch playlist or changed to music in my iPhone. I have to unlock and use my phone to do that. That is serious distraction.
:crying:Serious distraction!:eek:

>:DYou can't be serious?:x

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wouldn't buy this car without nav. The top screen is wasted and annoying with that giant clock and it seems like the intouch doesn't work properly without nav (no backup lines, long boot times etc).

I use nav extensively, just for traffic alone, but I travel a lot, so I want it, but I don't understand why they couldn't be more creative with that top screen on cars without nav. It looks terrible in my opinion and what a waste of nice screen space.

I really like the dual screens when you have nav. I think it's well designed between the two screens and the controls on the console and steering wheel all seem well designed. I do wish the top screen had a few more options than just maps or maps and eco info. But it's better than a giant clock lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll echo what some folks have mentioned on this message board.

The In Touch has resulted in a huge disappointment. I'm on my 3rd Infiniti - six total Nissan products under my belt between my wife and I.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of people making excuses for Infiniti or finding this anywhere near acceptable. Has the bar been set this low? I didn't buy a Hyundai or Kia.

I replaced my G37 with a Q50, and luckily got it before we replaced my wife's Rogue with a Q60. The problems with this system were frustrating enough to cause us to ditch Infiniti for the SUV and go with a Durango (which I prefer driving to my Q50 at this point.) I, however, have the luxury sedan that seems like its running a glitchy Windows Vista on too little RAM.

-Never mind the fact that hardly any of the proposed integration with phone and apps works.
-The system is not intuitive. My steering wheel is full of a bunch of buttons I never use, yet things I use all the time have me reaching for the overly cluttered touch screen.
-How are there three active screens, but when I turn my car on - none of them are capable of, by default, displaying what is on the radio? Instead I get an enormous clock, to go along with the two other clocks.

I keep coming back here to these boards hoping to see some good news, but its all the same. No software release. No Patch. No fix. Infiniti already lost one of our re-leases, and I'm glad we did that.

I think the car drives great when everything works, and it looks great as well. But this sucks, and is frustrating .
I gree with you, too bad that stupid InTouch software will damage a feeling about this otherwise beautifull car. It had been mentioned here many times and it is getting old. I'm not giving up but I learned to enjoy all the good stuff on the car and hope that Infiniti will put their **** together and make us 100% proud owners. After all, we don't have many options here, Infiniti is aware of this and if they are willing to loose potentional buyers doesn't change anything for us. The complains don't work, there is missing link between Infiniti and end users.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wait. that says CLOCK.
I thought there was another feature on my car that wasn't working.
Whew!

I wouldn't buy this car without nav. The top screen is wasted and annoying with that giant clock and it seems like the intouch doesn't work properly without nav (no backup lines, long boot times etc).

I use nav extensively, just for traffic alone, but I travel a lot, so I want it, but I don't understand why they couldn't be more creative with that top screen on cars without nav. It looks terrible in my opinion and what a waste of nice screen space.

I really like the dual screens when you have nav. I think it's well designed between the two screens and the controls on the console and steering wheel all seem well designed. I do wish the top screen had a few more options than just maps or maps and eco info. But it's better than a giant clock lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I posted here in the hope that my voice gets added to the people that are disappointed, and that it somehow gets the attention of Infiniti. I look forward to enjoying the car, but I bought it in December so I've been dealing with winter and driving the SUV most of the time due to our horrible snow in Buffalo. I'd like to open the sunroof sometime this year.

I see you're in Oceanside. I used to live in San Clemente. I'd enjoy this car quite a bit more out there...

I gree with you, too bad that stupid InTouch software will damage a feeling about this otherwise beautifull car. It had been mentioned here many times and it is getting old. I'm not giving up but I learned to enjoy all the good stuff on the car and hope that Infiniti will put their **** together and make us 100% proud owners. After all, we don't have many options here, Infiniti is aware of this and if they are willing to loose potentional buyers doesn't change anything for us. The complains don't work, there is missing link between Infiniti and end users.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

That's my concern too. I live in the city and suburban and I barely used the navigation since I know really well the area now. I got navigation for that reason because there is no way in InTouch to customize the top screen. That is another $1400 to have something displayed other than putting a PRINT OUT of google map or any other image! If this is by design to have top screen to display map, why not making navigation a standard. Yes the price will go up but since people here does not mind paying something that they don't need.

Also, the idea of personalized system that Infiniti advertise by having selected key should have the last display of screen. Everytime I start driving, I have to switch to music screen. I like to see what's playing since I am always interested new music or artists... which why Internet music is better.

For those who think InTouch is not a big deal wait till 2015 comes out with even a better hardware (if they decide to upgrade) and your system is still loading..... that is like me laughing at Window's user back then when their system reboots and my mac is already up and running.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That's probably what they are hoping. After a while, people will get tired complaining and forget about it and try to live with it ;)

I feel that way too. It feels that there missing communication withing the company itself. Is Infiniti going through some re-org or what? Their HQ moved to HK so they probably trying to sort things out

·
Registered
181 Posts
I posted here in the hope that my voice gets added to the people that are disappointed, and that it somehow gets the attention of Infiniti. I look forward to enjoying the car, but I bought it in December so I've been dealing with winter and driving the SUV most of the time due to our horrible snow in Buffalo. I'd like to open the sunroof sometime this year.

I see you're in Oceanside. I used to live in San Clemente. I'd enjoy this car quite a bit more out there...
Yeah, living here eliminates some problems the Q had during a winter season. I bought my Q in September and since my last update in December I talked with dealership many times, my guess is they are as lost as we are. Infiniti has obligation to deliver what they sold to us so I think they will come up with some upgrade soon. I'm close to 5K service and except the software the car performs great.

·
Registered
574 Posts
-Up to two minutes to boot the system? If you are getting 2 mins boot time you should double check which version of software you have first..
-No Backup lines most of the time with the backup camera? the line won't show until the software is fully boot. yes, this is very annoying.. I hated too..
-No backup sound when you're getting close... ever? mayeb that's because you didn't pay for the backup sensor option??? how are you expecting the car to beep when you don't even have that option on your car... hmmmm... interesting complain....
-Never mind the fact that hardly any of the proposed integration with phone and apps works. they are car maker... not some phone tech savvy company.. first time and year to implement this into the car so other than wait for improvement there is pretty much nothing you can do about it..
-The system is not intuitive. My steering wheel is full of a bunch of buttons I never use, yet things I use all the time have me reaching for the overly cluttered touch screen. are you sure you fully understand all the functions in the car? because I'm able to control everything without any problem
-How are there three active screens, but when I turn my car on - none of them are capable of, by default, displaying what is on the radio? Instead I get an enormous clock, to go along with the two other clocks. did you setup your display correctly? I have no problem seeing the radio info on start up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately InTouch is out of Touch

I have been driving my Q50S AWD since August and absolutely love the car except for the fact that I have to use my iPhone to control Pandora which is absurd considering the fact that you can go and drive a $18k Ford Focus and it has a Pandora app to control it direct from the car however I can't do that in my $47k Infiniti. I think I am going to sue Infinit for "Loss of consortium" for not being able to get full pleasure and satisfaction out of my car, haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
-Up to two minutes to boot the system? If you are getting 2 mins boot time you should double check which version of software you have first..
-Seems to be a pretty common issue among people here. I'm out my garage, out my driveway, and down the street before the system loads.

-No Backup lines most of the time with the backup camera? the line won't show until the software is fully boot. yes, this is very annoying.. I hated too..

-No backup sound when you're getting close... ever? mayeb that's because you didn't pay for the backup sensor option??? how are you expecting the car to beep when you don't even have that option on your car... hmmmm... interesting complain....
So its unreasonable to expect a backup camera to beep when you get too close, when my 2010 G37 did it out of the box, and every rental car I've had in the past four years has beeped? Thats an option that doesn't come with the camera? Nice.

-Never mind the fact that hardly any of the proposed integration with phone and apps works. they are car maker... not some phone tech savvy company.. first time and year to implement this into the car so other than wait for improvement there is pretty much nothing you can do about it..
-But somehow it works for Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Lexus, etc. etc. etc. The ad for this car had the Facebook Logo all over it if you recall. Not that I give a **** about accessing facebook from my car - but this was a huge selling point and they fell woefully short. If they're not prepared to get into the tech game then they shouldn't sell it as such.

-The system is not intuitive. My steering wheel is full of a bunch of buttons I never use, yet things I use all the time have me reaching for the overly cluttered touch screen. are you sure you fully understand all the functions in the car? because I'm able to control everything without any problem
- Again - this is an opinion. I travel a lot for work and end up in a fair amount of rental cars. This is the least intuitive of the group. My Durango reference is honest. I love the way the steering wheel controls are in that truck.

-How are there three active screens, but when I turn my car on - none of them are capable of, by default, displaying what is on the radio? Instead I get an enormous clock, to go along with the two other clocks. did you setup your display correctly? I have no problem seeing the radio info on start up.
-I just have clocks. I'd love to know how to see the radio station and what is playing on it when I turn on my car without having to hit buttons and change screens.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
-I just have clocks. I'd love to know how to see the radio station and what is playing on it when I turn on my car without having to hit buttons and change screens.

It is currently not possible. I hv passed the information to Infiniti that user can set default screen. I hv been pushing the button everytime I start the engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They screwed the pooch a bit if you don't have NAV.

On Nav you see the climate (73F shown in the NAV screen).
It between the two temp readings at the bottom of the NAV screen has your music source, and if your on radio it has your station.
So you don't have to touch anything on a car with NAV.. it all comes up on the NAV screen by default.

With NAV you can get by without doing anything to the bottom screen for the most part.
You can control all radio functionality with your steering wheel control and using the NAV screen.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The problem is that some people here don't care about InTouch and they tolerate it and try to find a workaround. The point that is missed here is that it is the feature of the car and as advertise and you paid for that. Don't you think they should deliver? Most of us here are already patient and supportive to the brand by being positive but the least that Infiniti should do is to communicate it clearly. I am coming from tech generation and the expectation is different a generation before me where they just care what's under the hood. If you don't need it and happy with it, that's good and move along. The rest of us is trying to express our concern where Infiniti seems to miss this or there is organization issue here. I got called from Infiniti to get some feedback and one lady was actually was not even aware that InTouch is one of the critical feature.

If you followed up what Johan said, he wants to establish the brand rather than volume sales because volume sales will follow if the brand is good. Right now, it is not what they are doing. He also said about attracting younger buyers by introducing intouch to Infiniti entry level car which hopefully they will stay with Infiniti. No wonder it does not get into sweet 16 car. Instead it will be featured in AARP magazine or Home Living! "Best car when you retired for under $50K"

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/new-2014-q50-general-discussion-forum/29745-msn-stupid-sweet-16-cars-under-50k-article.html

I know some of us are just giving up or don't care anymore because they feel there is nothing they could do. The thread on this used to blow up.

Regarding the system intuitive, i totally agree. It is very confusing. We got knobs, we got spinner, and then touch screen. It looks like not well thought on the design. So far, I find BMW iDrive is the best. Lexus is a bit too busy and mouse like is a little difficutl to operate while driving. The old G was good. Very straight foward and easy to complete a task. My only concern was just reaching it while driving since I have my seat all the way back.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
They screwed the pooch a bit if you don't have NAV.

On Nav you see the climate (73F shown in the NAV screen).
It between the two temp readings at the bottom of the NAV screen has your music source, and if your on radio it has your station.
So you don't have to touch anything on a car with NAV.. it all comes up on the NAV screen by default.

With NAV you can get by without doing anything to the bottom screen for the most part.
You can control all radio functionality with your steering wheel control and using the NAV screen.

where do they have to push for Personal Assistant?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.