Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use this thread to discuss the Q50's interior

To start off the thread...

What do you like/dislike about the interior on the 2014 Q50??
What would you change about it?
What interior colors would you like to see become available in the near future?

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
All you have to do is compare it to the older model and you can tell that they really improved the styling

I like how the center console looks but how the LCD screen is flat against the console has me worried about glare to the screen and towards the driver. They better have put some good anti reflective and glare coating on that LCD.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
The styling is definitely an improvement, but I still find the new Q50 interior a little odd looking in the photos. I can't put my finger on it, but I guess it's that it looks so unique and different from any other interior I've seen...

I will say one thing, and maybe it's just the photos I've seen, but right now, I'm not the biggest fan of the "Kacchu" aluminum interior trim. I do have aluminum trim on my Infiniti right now and it looks good, but I'm not sure I like the pattern from the photos I've seen right now.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The interior on the new Q50 is a nice upgrade over the G37 but the G37 isn't too bad either.

The center console is a nice change. Much sleeker in design. I am looking forward to more adjust ability in the seats. Similar to the Lexus GS350 that I was also looking at.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I noticed in the infiniti G37 the interior felt and looked cheap in person because there was so much plastic. Now in the Q50 they used more leather in the trims. the center console looks much nice especially with that lacquered piece, it adds a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I noticed in the infiniti G37 the interior felt and looked cheap in person because there was so much plastic. Now in the Q50 they used more leather in the trims. the center console looks much nice especially with that lacquered piece, it adds a nice touch.
I'll just say although there's a lot of plastic in the G37, it's of a higher quality and composite than you'll find in some other entry level sedans.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
^ yeah i know exactly what your talking about. I just compared it to its competitor like mercedes and bmw and be honest if you really have seen the interior on those your know what i mean exactly. I really look at the price and quality.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
^ yeah i know exactly what your talking about. I just compared it to its competitor like mercedes and bmw and be honest if you really have seen the interior on those your know what i mean exactly. I really look at the price and quality.
I've driven in both and to be fair, even though the perception of quality is different, I think the BMW 3-series interior is boring as **** (pre 2012).

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I think most will agree with that. The new F30 3 series has a great looking interior. Before that the interiors were miserable.

Out of all the entry level japanese sedans the G37 at the time had the best plastics in the car. Still plastic is plastic. And I'm glad to see less of it. Other materials are becoming cheaper.. Even synthetic leather is a better option to wrap over trims. The new use of soft touch plastics would be better vs hard plastics.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I'm liking the new inner door design of the Q50 too. It looks a lot more luxurious and akin to the current M37 design.

However, I think I'm going to miss the aesthetic of the sliding cup holder cover on the current G37.

I always liked the look that the cup holder cover created along the center tunnel of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts

it doesn't look too different. I hate using the cup holder in the center console as I find it gets in the way of shifting. Sometimes wish cup holders were INFRONT of the shifter.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
You have a good point.

From an ergonomic perspective, the cup holders are in a nicer place now in the Q50, farther away and not parallel from the shifter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Coming from a 2003 Infiniti g35 coupe I still like my interior more than most of the BMWs today. Sometimes I think thats how they make so much money by cheaping out on interior. The leather in those square head cars seem cheap compared to infiniti's. ANd yes they are very boring as well. The new interior on these Q50s look superb in styling and design. Theres no competition.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
The Q50 interior is a nice upgrade from the G37 interior and the G37 was much needed upgrade over the G35 interior.

Still though. If you compare the Q50 to the new Lexus IS, the new 3 series, the c350, the ats, the new acura interiors.

I'd say there is still room for improvement in some areas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm liking the new inner door design of the Q50 too. It looks a lot more luxurious and akin to the current M37 design.

However, I think I'm going to miss the aesthetic of the sliding cup holder cover on the current G37.

I always liked the look that the cup holder cover created along the center tunnel of the car.
The door panel on the q50 here is slightly different than the 360 viewer on infiniti's website where you can see some buttons below the handle that I assume are the memory seats. Where did this top pic come from? Was it a preproduction model?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
That photo was taken from the Hybrid model that was shown at the NAIAS. Perhaps the Hybrid model has different/alternate options and features compared to the model they have on the official site 360?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I think Infiniti is really smart to include apps in the Infotainment system they have, This will revolutionize the things we do in our cars. I remember a long time ago when you had a phone in your car to when they starting including dvd players and screens. Lets just say they wont be ones doing it...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I love the interior and hopefully it will work like the sync system in the fords where you can do everything from the steering wheel and it shows up on the tachometer screen.. Hopefully it will have a heated steering wheel and a/c seats!

1 - 20 of 150 Posts