1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 Premium 2014, 2.2D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have an Infiniti Q50 2014, 2.2 D

My display in not working anymore, just logo on the screen and keep restarting over and over again.

Please give me some advices.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
2016 3.0t (non-RS) AWD
28 Posts
Please specify which display. I assume you mean the bottom one.

Your best bet before trying to replace it is to disconnect the battery, let the car sit for a few minutes, then connect and try again.

If the HU is super busted, it'd be a good excuse to get the Tesla head unit installed. :p

·
Registered
Infiniti Q50 Premium 2014, 2.2D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Your best bet before trying to replace it is to disconnect the battery, let the car sit for a few minutes, then connect and try again.

If the HU is super busted, it'd be a good excuse to get the Tesla head unit installed. :p
Thanks, but I already disconnected both batterys and nothing 😥 still the same issue, both screens locked on logo
Regarding Tesla screen, it's very tempted but I don't know anyone in he UK to install this, btw UK connection are inverted.

Cheers 😉

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 3.0t (non-RS) AWD
28 Posts
Thanks, but I already disconnected both batterys and nothing 😥 still the same issue, both screens locked on logo
Regarding Tesla screen, it's very tempted but I don't know anyone in he UK to install this, btw UK connection are inverted.

Cheers 😉
Maybe it would be easier to tell us what you have tried so far?

The default head unit reset is to push down the volume knob for a while, and let the unit do its magic. I suspect perhaps some memory came loose if none of the reset options are working. It may be best to take it to a dealership to see if they have a way to hard reset the head unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts

is the tesla screen replacement a good fix to a busted dcu?

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
932 Posts
There are some threads in regard the Tesla HU – I can't remember one user who was fully satisfied. I'd try to get a used DCU...

·
Registered
51 Posts
can I ask what you ended up doing?
I'm having same kind of problem but my screens are black and no buttons are working

1 - 7 of 7 Posts