Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just an update after about 3000km on the new fluid...
Good info and update. Amsoil always makes quality products. Wonder if your improved transmission experience is because of new fluid or because the Amsoil fluid is superior? Probably hard to determine.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
What tool do you need to remove the inspection plug?.. a pic of the location?
I want to check mine to see if it's topped off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good info and update. Amsoil always makes quality products. Wonder if your improved transmission experience is because of new fluid or because the Amsoil fluid is superior? Probably hard to determine.
Not really sure. However I am comparing old and new transmission fluid so it is noticeable. I love the way the transmission shifts now. Very smooth and I can't feel the shift points.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
I'm not sure if it can be an issue with these cars or not, but if you are going to change fluid yourself, make sure you can get the fill plug out BEFORE you drain the fluid. Not being able to get the fill plug loose was an issue mentioned on Subaru forums. It makes it hard to use the car with no trans fluid in it. I will probably utilize the dealer for this service when the time comes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the great write up.

-are there crush washer at both the drain & fill bolt?
-how do i measure if the temp if 104 degree F?
-curious to understand why the Fill bolt ONLY needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the great write up.

-are there crush washer at both the drain & fill bolt?
-how do i measure if the temp if 104 degree F?
-curious to understand why the Fill bolt ONLY needs to be replaced?
Crush washer only for the drain bolt. The same crush washer as the copper oil drain bolt.

The fill bolt is of very low quality and the head strips easily. The fill bolt comes with a washer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I had a 6MT G37 I did transmission a fluid change after 60K, which is what I think the service manual called for. The automatic fluid is supposed to be lifetime right? I plan to change it at some point though, but I was going to do it at 60K. What mileage are you guys recommending for a change?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally replaced ATF in my Q50 2014 on 60k miles. Amsoil ATF was chosen. Everything was drained, oil pan and metal filter removed, cleaned, filled with new oil, after that ATF hose from radiator was disconnected, engine started for around 30 sec, 1l of old fluid was pushed out, 1l of new fluid was added through disconnected hose (these steps were repeated 3-4 times, until fresh clean fluid start to come out from transmission via radiator. In the end almost 1l more was filled vs drained, looks like trany was under filled by previous owners.
Previously transmission was running almost ok, but kick downs were unpredictable and quite delayed (around 1-2 sec to drop from 5th to 2nd gear). After oil change and adjusting properly ATF level the difference is HUGE, gears go down much much faster, gears switch crisp and clear. Looks like I had some clutch slippage before, now I fill more toque on rear wheels, filling is very similar to manual transmission. Very happy with the effect of oil change, I even couldn't imaging that there could be such big effect.
I followed these instructions Замена масла в АКПП INFINITI FX35 (2-го поколения S51)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts