Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten a few messages and questions about my el cheapo catch can setup so here are a few pics of mine and how its routed. I believe a couple others on here have done something similar so maybe they can post their pics up too. Basically, the driver side A2W bracket has a hole in it that is unused. I bought a $17 catch can off Amazon that has all the internal baffling and o-ringed seals etc. like the name brand stuff. Then bent the catch can bracket flat and put a screw through this hole, done. Also leaves room to install BOV's if desired. The line from the intake reuses the factory hose that is extended with a union (plastic is fine) to reach the catch can with some left over hose I had laying in the garage. Likewise, the line from the PCV valve of the valve cover is extended and ran underneath the driverside TB area and loops around running parallel to the A2W cooler and connects to the 2nd port of the OCC. Cheap and simple. Post up your custom pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Pretty sure everyone has this but here is the factory routing of the PCV setup. Line 14 is where you're getting the catch can inline.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Mine costs a few more money but definitely much less than mishimoto.

1. $27 Generic OCC (ebay)
2. $10 hose (autozone)
3. $8 stainless steel brace (amazon)
4. $1 OEM strut mount hex nut (infiniti)
5. ~$5 stainless steel nut/bolt (home depot?)
6. Clamps - i have few spares from my old pc water cooling build but it'll probably cost ~$1 each. Or get fancy aluminum for $4 a piece here: Search results for: 'clamp'

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
**** now I feel like I should've waited and saved some money, nice mounting location guys

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can I follow the Mishimoto video with this process more or less?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I follow the Mishimoto video with this process more or less?
Don't know what their process is as I haven't watched their video.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've gotten a few messages and questions about my el cheapo catch can setup so here are a few pics of mine and how its routed. I believe a couple others on here have done something similar so maybe they can post their pics up too. Basically, the driver side A2W bracket has a hole in it that is unused. I bought a $17 catch can off Amazon that has all the internal baffling and o-ringed seals etc. like the name brand stuff. Then bent the catch can bracket flat and put a screw through this hole, done. Also leaves room to install BOV's if desired. The line from the intake reuses the factory hose that is extended with a union (plastic is fine) to reach the catch can with some left over hose I had laying in the garage. Likewise, the line from the PCV valve of the valve cover is extended and ran underneath the driverside TB area and loops around running parallel to the A2W cooler and connects to the 2nd port of the OCC. Cheap and simple. Post up your custom pics!

What bracket is that off of the Intercooler? I don't have that on my 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

What bracket is that off of the Intercooler? I don't have that on my 2018

you don't have the L shaped bracket off the A2W? What bolts to the bolt hole of the A2W on yours?

·
Registered
48 Posts
To add to the thread. I made my own L bracket mount using a shelf bracket. I cut it to size and drilled holes. I bought the Amazon catch can and braids fuel hose (10ft) and also the locking bands. $40 total maybe Invested

jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you don't have the L shaped bracket off the A2W? What bolts to the bolt hole of the A2W on yours?

Nothing from what I see

wow, must have been a cost out. You still have the boss on the A2W you could have drilled and bolted to....but you got it anyways. Looks like it's in close to the Mishimoto location.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow, must have been a cost out. You still have the boss on the A2W you could have drilled and bolted to....but you got it anyways. Looks like it's in close to the Mishimoto location.

It worked out. Its using the back bolt the mishitmoto uses.

I can't believe nobody has knocked off that bracket of theirs, all it would take is a 3D scanner

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you put together a list of the parts you bought....tubing size, catch can, fittings for connections. Would save us all a ton of work and one nice order from amazon the be installed next weekend. 👍. Not worried about the bracket. Some spare iron from home Depot, a drill, vise bend and done.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The amazon link in the 3rd post shows the catch can I used and also lists the fittings on the catch can, so you would use the same size line and fittings to connect/extend. Everything I used was 3/8".

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts