Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Awesome write up again. I think we need to have a DIY section of the forum and link it to all of FastGTR's posts! :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Awesome write up. Thanks.
I might have to attempt it myself in the future. Even a local mechanic shop wants $90 for Mobile 1 synthetic oil :eek:
Not sure how much the dealer is asking for. I guess I will find out soon.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Definitely! Pls sticky these DIYs by FastGTR !

Thanks for all these write ups man! Keep it coming! :D

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Nice work, FastGTR. I've performed this exercise and your instructions are perfect. Thanks!
I've seen an add-on for a garage hydraulic jack that slips on top of the jack surface to protect the paint and panels when lifting the car. With the SUVs I didn't need it, but with the Q50 it's something I'll be looking for. About a year ago a specialty tool online shop carried it. Has anybody seen anything like it?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Nice! Thank you! I'll order one and keep my fingers crossed that it fits the lifting head of my floor jack.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
great oil/filter change writeup, oil/filter change time for my Q50.

I have a simple question for FastGTR: Why not remove dip stick while filling oil?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another great DIY FastGTR, I love knowing exactly what I am doing before I actually do it. This DIY made it a walk in the park, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Love Q50BlogTech. Learned so much stuff and thats where I learned to change out all my LEDs. Very useful website. Too bad no more recent posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
would there be any reason to get a check engine light or anything? That's the only thing that scared me.

No, nothing to worry about there unless you seriously botch it somehow. It's just like changing oil in any other car. Just don't trust the little door for the oil filter, seems convenient but makes a mess.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
Yep.. worth taking the entire splash "pan" off. It's just a bunch of screws. A few YouTube vids show this method.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
6,183 Posts
Has anyone left this off yet?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
would there be any reason to get a check engine light or anything? That's the only thing that scared me.
one thing to keep in mind is the torque rating for the drain plug (screw). It's clearly written on there though, it's hard to miss.

The oil pan is made of plastic and may crack if it's too tight.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,900 Posts
I tried googling "Q50BlogTech" nothing.. pppplease pm me the link.. thanks

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.