Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Will upgrade to aftermarket wheels, Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an exciting time, a new car, for car enthusiast that can't wait mod their new Q50's this car is a clean slate!

Naturally most will go with aftermarket wheels as a "first" mod, how many new owners plan to run aftermarket wheels and if so what do you have in mind?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Definitely will olan on running aftermarket wheels but have learned my lesson already and will get my suspension parts first before the wheels! A nice wheel alignment with camber kit and a set of coilovers will save the life of your tires along with the different bushings from wearing fast and will get you great fitment!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice thing about coilovers is you can pick your wheel size and offset first and use the adjustment capabilities of the coilovers to fit your wheels.

In the past I have gone both routes coilovers and springs, I like to do wheels first then find the drop that will provide me with the look I am after.

Gbert15 when do you take delivery?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice thing about coilovers is you can pick your wheel size and offset first and use the adjustment capabilities of the coilovers to fit your wheels.

In the past I have gone both routes coilovers and springs, I like to do wheels first then find the drop that will provide me with the look I am after.

Gbert15 when do you take delivery?
Yea but with that though u become stuck with weak offsets and would have to compromise with spacers or maybe have something too big and have to pull or shave your fenders just to pull it off! Hopefully I dont get impatient though! Hehe!

The car is already here! Just waiting on official release so maybe August 5! Soooo anxious! Hehehe! :D

Reactions: Infiniti Chick

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
With coilovers you are stuck with options ;)
Yea! I wonder who will be making coilovers for the Q50 though and when they will release them! Im hoping that Tein will release some comfort sports! Maybe Billstein? Love the comfort of their PSS9/10 and am actually using it right jow on my G35! But if I get impatient hopefully springs will suffice! Last springs I ran was from RSR and loved the ride quality with it! I had Tokico DSP Shocks along with it though! :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I drive the new model for a while as is and then look for upgrades as most aftermarket manufacturer don't have all the info to make correct after market suspension and springs. e.g. the G37 convertible: people who dropped their convertible paid in prematurely for expensive tires.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Getting Vossens for sure, wont be able to for another year as i cant get in the parking lot of my school with a lowered car :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.