Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone who has actually seen the Q50 in real life(!) is able to provide any information about the illumination provided by the LED headlamps? My previous car had bi-xenon headlamps, and those were wonderful since I live out in the country in a fairly hilly area - the HID high beams allowed me to see deer along side the road that were a good distance away. I made the mistake of buying a new car that has xenon on low beams and halogen on high beams, and find the horizontal cutoff for the xenon to be extremely distracting and the forward illumination of the low beams is minimal. I also can't see very far down the road with the halogen high beams, and also find the bluish tint of the xenon low beams to not merge very well with the yellowish color of the halogen high beams. I LOVE the look and features of the new Q50, and just wondered if anyone has had the opportunity to see the LED headlamps in action at night, and would love to hear how they might compare to bi-xenon? I am desperate to find a car with better headlamps, and would love to get a Q50. I would sincerely appreciate any information that anyone could provide, and would be grateful to hear your opinions. Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Nobody has seen them at night that I'm aware of. Being that it's summer in North America and most dealerships close before sunset, we've only seen shots of the car in overcast or daylight conditions. Even dealer showrooms, which can be dark, don't show headlight cutoff.

I imagine the LED lows and highs are fine. From what I saw in dim light, they have a nice 5000k color to them, a little purple at the edge of the cutoff. Infiniti Girl has a link to a review her husband did and mentions them. You may hunt that down and ask her.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Agreed! I think your best bet is Q50Aggie! Im not sure but I kinda recall him trying it out in the parking lot but thats it! No one has tried it @ night yet!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have not driven it at night yet either. I did see them in parking garage, but even still, hard to determine. I would imagine they'll be awesome though...there's no reason for them not to be...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Thank you so much InfinitiofOmahaSalesRep - that would be awesome if you could capture that! I'd love to know what your perception of the LED headlamps in the Q50 are as compared to the bi-xenon in the G37!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Definitely looking forward to that!
I too am looking forward to that, and looking straight on at the lights while they are all on.:)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I too am looking forward to that, and looking straight on at the lights while they are all on.:)
Impossible. They are way to bright to stare at them in person straight ahead. Heck, I wasn't even able to do it with just the daytime running lights. Extremely bright.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I'm hoping that the LED output will be the same if not better than an HID setup.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Awesome! Thanks Afrosheen

Reactions: afrosheen
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.