Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this green button when I was looking at my OBD and I can’t find anything on it. It’s probably dumb but I pressed and held it and nothing happened. Much appreciated if someone could help me.

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON!!

It's a self destruct button for the warp drive. Now you can't engage it anymore.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
That doesn't look like any OEM part I've seen. Did you buy the car used?

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,890 Posts
Air freshener mount?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
Air freshener mount?
I was considering that as a possibility. I can't tell if anything is connected to it or is it standalone?

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
155 Posts
Strange I have something like that also on my Q50 Cerritos Infiniti

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
There’s wires that connect out the back and run back
Ok, probably not an electric air freshener then. Where does the wiring go? Is that section with the small holes in it removeable or is it part of the enclosure? Where the wiring connects may be helpful in determining what its function is.

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
615 Posts
Did you buy the car from a "BUY HERE PAY HERE" lot? I use to be a mechanic years ago and I had to install devices on the vehicle's that would disable the ignition if the buyer stopped making payments.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Does it appear something plugs into it? It sort of looks like there is a small harness in the rear of the unit, although hard to tell in the pic.

Back in the olden dayz, they used to have this aftermarket security key device that you had to plug into the base in order to start the car. Probably just a relay of sorts, although imagine electronic for a code(s). Well, it wasn't that long ago, more like the early to mid-90's. I bought a GMC Syclone the dealer put one of those on and when it worked was neat, but one time it didn't and I was stranded. They came out and took care of it, but still.

Anyhow, not sure they even use those anymore, but it looked a lot like that.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
That's not the OBD2 port. It's down farther on the driverside and is mounted vertically.
I think OP is just saying he discovered it while accessing his OBDII port.

Reactions: Babygap33

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
I noticed this green button when I was looking at my OBD and I can’t find anything on it. It’s probably dumb but I pressed and held it and nothing happened. Much appreciated if someone could help me. View attachment 94520
Is it an espresso machine?

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
724 Posts
Snow Cone Maker

Reactions: jodedor

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts
If the button was red, I would have guessed this:

·