Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting the update, my telematics system and Infiniti Connection is not working. My in touch system had also froze and required a reboot. Not 100% sure if it's related, but very frustrating.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This has totally screwed my in touch system. More later, I'm trying to navigate myself to a banquet that I'm now late to thanks to this pos car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the warning. I saw elsewhere that Infiniti has told dealers to stop applying this update.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
That is really going to hurt the inTouch reputation :( what are the problems with this update?

Reactions: Latrant

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
This has totally screwed my in touch system. More later, I'm trying to navigate myself to a banquet that I'm now late to thanks to this pos car
Sorry to hear that, Some times early bird doesn't get the worm. ....software updates are always tricky, doesn't Apple always ask you and warn you when they push an update that you may loose some of your music? I always wait at least a week before I apply software update - a phone, computer or a car.
Thanks for the warning. I saw elsewhere that Infiniti has told dealers to stop applying this update.
:confused:Really where did you see that? Update came out on Thursday.... and people who wants to be first in everything, got their update because they were in ER without free XM etc.. and today is Saturday.
Car companies don't move that fast.

·
Registered
167 Posts

This is extremely worrisome coming from someone like Aggie. I hope they get this solved. Execution approaching healthcare.gov. So sad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
:confused:Really where did you see that? Update came out on Thursday.... and people who wants to be first in everything, got their update because they were in ER without free XM etc.. and today is Saturday.
Car companies don't move that fast.
"chef" posted it in another thread.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Aggie what kind of configuration you have on your car. I got an update on Friday which was came out a few weeks ago, apparently for my package it was the latest one and it came with all the new updates including Sirius xm link. I think it varies package to package on the car. My car has been fine since yesterday. Knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
:mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!! So I went and got the update on my car this afternoon; arrived at the dealership about 2 hrs after dropoff to pick it back up. After driving around the corner to park and check out the new features, I was happy to see some new practical features added such as the SXM suite of apps. Fine. No issues. Then, I proceed to drive away from the dealership and as I look up at my dash, I notice something very troubling and confusing.

I was stopped at a red light & my tachometer was pointed at 4,000 RPM (I promise I was stone cold at 0 mph at the stop light.) After driving slowly to complete my left turn and proceed to head back to the dealership before they closed, I paid special attention to the tach and observed it moving back and forth from my throttle tests at the RPM range that the engine normally would. (In other words, when I gave it some moderate throttle, the tach moved from 4k RPM to btwn 5-6 RPM; hard (but safe) throttle "redlined" it (although the engine was definitely NOT under stress; and when I depressed the brake, it dropped back down to around the 4k range. Coasted to the service center & got a tech involved. I had him restart the car, but even then it still was set at abt 4k RPM even though the engine was clearly idle. The tech advised me of 2 options: A.) I could either drive the car over the wkend & bring it back for service on Monday since it doesn't appear to be an engine safety issue, but rather a tachometer calibration issue (which I agree with since the engine itself had no unusual performance). B.) Take a loaner Q50 (w/ Nav at least), and have them immediately begin service on it Mon mrng. I went w/ the latter because I just don't feel comfortable driving a car feeding false instrument readings on something as important as the tachometer. The service tech who performed my InTouch update suggested that this issue "shouldn't be" related. While I agree it shouldn't, I'm not sold on pure coincidence either. It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden I start having tach meter issues right after the InTouch update. Something strange happened in the process, and my service advisor agreed. Anyway, they're going to contact Infiniti corporate on Monday to begin working on a fix; they suggested I may not get my car back until late in the week if they have to replace my tachometer. I'm uploading a short vid to YouTube that I was able to record; it'll at least show the weird behavior of the instruments. Will post shortly...

Link to vid... (sry for the incomplete vid--was pulling into the dealership; but it clearly shows the unusual behavior of the tachometer if you notice the speedometer when I'm stopped at the red light, and when I start accelerating up to a cruising speed):
http://youtu.be/saSkcYYnhsw

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Sorry, Aggie. Very disappointing.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Malfunction vid added to original post. :( Infiniti, I hope you're paying attention to all of these new issues being reported. We should be seeing improvements to this thing already.

Also, I came across this read online; I wonder if there was an electrical shortage somewhere when the update was performed? :confused:
http://www.autometer.com/tech_faq_answer.aspx?sid=3&qid=27

Reactions: MattJB and Rick_vdl

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't get the update and my intouch system has decided to completely fail today. Nothing worked until I restarted the car 3 or 4 times.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Working in the IT field, I understand the risks of being an early adopter, but this is getting ridiculous. They need to get their **** together and fast.

Reactions: ikagan

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So a little update. My problem is none of infiniti connection works, and I can't access my stored locations. This also caused my in touch to freeze. Also earlier the navigation search was not working at all. That has finally stayed working but I still can't access infiniti connection. No safety problems like what kevo talked about (yet).

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.