Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i mentioned in another thread my car has been scratched and received a minor dent from a careless by-passer who was kind enough to open their door into my car and push it an inch further after its already made contact with the paint, heres the story : Unfortuantly the other day while I was parked at work. I came back to my car and turns out someone had opened their door into it. Left 6 scratches each about 1 inch long 3 of which are etched in the paint, oh lets not forget it left a little dent. So I took it to my local shop to have it cut polished wet sanded polished and waxed. The scratches are now much less visible almost gone however I still need to get the dent removed by a PDR (paintless dent removal). I was given the option of repainting the whole door through an insurance claim but I was not about to repaint a 3 day old 150KM car. I was furious when i saw it. Second hit and run ive experienced.

some pictures of when i discovered it

now some pictures of the car after a cut polish, wet sand, polish, and black box turtle wax.

after the polishing process i had a hard time taking pictures as it was no longer as visible and my camera was having trouble focusing in on the scratches i was practically lying on the ground to use manual focus because you cant spot the scratches standing. nobody was able to identify where the scratches even were after i had it polished except for my girlfriend who was with me before i got it polished. as it sits im pretty happy because unless you really go looking for it, i can almost guarantee you wont see it until your kneeling or lying on the ground and looking up at it in person.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Maybe can only be seen with a macro lens but overall that sucks man! Its really annoying when people do that! If I parked in a tight spot, I would make it a point to hold the edge of the door so my finger hits the car beside me first instead of dinging the other car!

Glad that its been minimized though!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah probably only with a marco i'd be able to get that, i took the initial scratches with my phone too, and the after pictures with a DSLR not a chance my phone would've picked up those scratches.

However it sucks how irresponsible people are, nobody left a note on the car no "contact me at .. " nothing, and theres no way you open your door into somebody's car leaving a mark like that without noticing, especially a brand new black car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Yeah probably only with a marco i'd be able to get that, i took the initial scratches with my phone too, and the after pictures with a DSLR not a chance my phone would've picked up those scratches.

However it sucks how irresponsible people are, nobody left a note on the car no "contact me at .. " nothing, and theres no way you open your door into somebody's car leaving a mark like that without noticing, especially a brand new black car.
Definitely! Maybe when they saw what the car was they said there's no way I can pay for that and just left the crime scene! :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive learned my lesson. I did park in the employee only area. turns out a customer decided it was a good idea to park there.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
That's the "blank" that pisses me off. People have no consideration for their own crap cars, and just think they can do the same to others. Every lil ding or scratch on my car has been done by someone else. At work I will park where no one parks and like within a day there are a ton of careless followers!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Man, that's suck. The pain of owning a new car.
It's always worry me when someone park next to my car. There is always some ******* have no respect on other people property.

·
Registered
193 Posts
This same exact thing happened to me when I had just gotten my new G35. Less than a week later, someone at work decided my car was too new and needed to be made to look more like his (a POS VW camper van). So he slammed his door into mine when he got out of it.

I think this was deliberate, because when I tracked him down, he claimed I had parked improperly, but I had the pictures to prove otherwise. Long story short, I threatened to take him to small claims court if he didn't pay for my repairs. He did- quite reluctantly. Hope that never happens again :(

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I have learned my lesson too. Now I park the furthest away from everyone else or park in the last spot where only 1 car can park next to me. Reduces the chance of getting ding by 50%.
Lol you think like me. Sometimes if there's only 1 spot available & it's smack dab in the middle of regular cars I'll just drive away. It's a shame but most other drivers are ass_holes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesnt matter if they pay for repairs. Its the fact theyve damaged your brand new car.. maybe a couple months from now if it happened then I wouldnt be as mad but ive only got 150kms and 3 days with my new baby and its already got damage. At least you can barley tell that its there now

·
Registered
42 Posts
Call me bad but sometimes I park too left or too right on the spot so no one can fit in the space next to me.

I also park in the furthest spot as well. Here in Houston I think the problem is a lot of overweight people having a hard time getting out of their vehicles and damaging other peoples cars in the process.

Here is a video of a guy who does the same thing you do. I laughed my butt off the first time I saw it.

Guy Who Took Two Spots With His Jaguar Discovers His Fellow Parkers Have Gotten Revenge | Happy Place

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when i park at school i literally park my car smack in the middle of 2 spots, not with my wheel a bit over the line, the line is literally under my car. so do my other buddies who own black cars, guys at my school are too stupid to care. Everyone drives civic and preludes from the 90s so they could care less how they open their door into your car, i watched one of them open their prelude's doors onto the curb because it was so low, they got out took a look, laughed and said that was awesome and walked away.

so my Q50 and my buddy's black silverado SS always take up 4 spaces away from those idiots :D

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I have no idea how people can own a car in NYC. Every time I'm there I see people playing bumper cars to get into parking spaces and scratches all over the rest of the cars.

Then you have people with the heavy duty bumper covers uglifying their nice cars but what can you do??

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks like the polish did the trick

now you just need to pop that dent out.

you should have actually popped the dent out and then polished it.

when you pop the dent out it'll leave some marks too from the tools they use,
i got the polish for free, just walked into my local shop told them where i work and they said they'll hook me up, they gave me a number for paintless dent removal but i wasn't set on whether i wanted it removed or not yet as its pretty hard to spot as it sits right now. I'm getting my dealership to take a look at it thursday, they said if i do decide to make a move on the paintless dent removal they'll give it to me at cost. and that will obviously come with a cutpolish and a polish as well.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I have no idea how people can own a car in NYC. Every time I'm there I see people playing bumper cars to get into parking spaces and scratches all over the rest of the cars.

Then you have people with the heavy duty bumper covers uglifying their nice cars but what can you do??
I live in NYC so imagine how I feel. I had to buy a parking spot near the train so that I would feel better knowing my Q was safe while I was at work. Other than that, its rarely parked on the street, and if it is, its because its parked outside of my house.

Reactions: jkay
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.