Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something tonight in the garage. There is only courtesy entry and exit led lighting in the front two door handles. If this was a 2 door would be good with that. But for 40k new, this is nothing that should be overlooked. If they can put a $375.00 Infiniti emblem in the front grill, what's the deal with 2 missing extra $5.00 led lights for the read door handles???

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,985 Posts
I noticed something tonight in the garage. There is only courtesy entry and exit led lighting in the front two door handles. If this was a 2 door would be good with that. But for 40k new, this is nothing that should be overlooked. If they can put a $375.00 Infiniti emblem in the front grill, what's the deal with 2 missing extra $5.00 led lights for the read door handles???
Those $5 LEDs will need different door handles with LED fixtures incorporated in them. There would also need to be additional wiring harness added to accommodate the LEDs. I guess Infiniti didn't think it was worth the cost for what it added. I'd rather the rear doors had ground courtesy LEDs like the front doors do but I agree that all four doors should have the LED lighting on both the handles and the doors. All the lights on the car should be LEDs yet they aren't. I don't understand that either.

Reactions: YoungRizz

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the little things like that really bother me about Infiniti. And dont forget about the Briggs and Stratton oil dipstick we are still dealing with. Do you how many of those broke over the years? The dealership techs loved that job. I'm going to inquire at Infiniti to see if the front door handles are the same as the rear for physical fit. Or if the 2019 have the illuminating rear handles.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
What's wrong with the oil dipstick? I've never had a dipstick issue in 46 years of driving...other than the ones behind the wheel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rivets that hold the stick to the handle used to break apart sending the dipstick down the tube and resting in the oil pan. Or the stick would actually break off at the bottom of the handle. This was an issue in just about all Nissan vehicles with this style dipstick. Sometimes the techs would get lucky and it stayed in the bottom of the tube and they could fish it out. Other times it was off with the pan. The one on the Q50 looks beefier than the old units...

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
213 Posts
It's the little things like that really bother me about Infiniti. And dont forget about the Briggs and Stratton oil dipstick we are still dealing with. Do you how many of those broke over the years? The dealership techs loved that job. I'm going to inquire at Infiniti to see if the front door handles are the same as the rear for physical fit. Or if the 2019 have the illuminating rear handles.
The fronts can be used in the rears, you'll need to wire them in as there's no harness to connect to. I've already installed them on my car

·
Registered
76 Posts
The fronts can be used in the rears, you'll need to wire them in as there's no harness to connect to. I've already installed them on my car
Did you wire in the buttons on the handles too? Do you have pictures and part numbers?

·
Registered
56 Posts
So you purchased two fronts and installed them in rears and then feed wire from front to rear? Would be nice to see a write up ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotta make you wonder why the factory did not do this. Really , what would it have cost ? And no door lights in rear door. I would like the part #s and what is the trigger wire color to tap into. Or a wright up on this would be awesome.

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
47 Posts
Any way you could give part numbers or brief write up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts