Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So besides the BIG T in "TTL" - being the "Tax"/Sales Tax (that is the greatest amount - though easiest to calculate if you know your state's tax %), what is everyone paying for the other fees? I'm talking about the "title" fee, the license/registration fee, doc fees, etc..

Any fellow Texans that can help me out with what is specific to our state? And yes I know it varies slightly by county, I'm just looking for some examples to get close.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
So besides the BIG T in "TTL" - being the "Tax"/Sales Tax (that is the greatest amount - though easiest to calculate if you know your state's tax %), what is everyone paying for the other fees? I'm talking about the "title" fee, the license/registration fee, doc fees, etc..

Any fellow Texans that can help me out with what is specific to our state? And yes I know it varies slightly by county, I'm just looking for some examples to get close.

Thanks!
go to TX dmv site and you can get accurate tax, lic., etc

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go to TX dmv site and you can get accurate tax, lic., etc
cvipgo, I've tried there. (At least here: http://www.dmv.org/buy-sell/tax-and-tags-calculator.php). And it is worthless. All their links do is take you to a "Standard Presumptive Value Calculator" for used vehicles and you need a VIN for that!

The CarMax site's one is somewhat useful. But I'd like to hear from actual Q50 buyers - especially Q50S Hybrid buyers in fairly loaded up configurations! ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Depending on dealer and car.. 1500 to 2000 is average... 700 bank fee + dealer's doc fee + dmv fee + 1st payment... some states may also have tax on bank fee and doc fee up front...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on dealer and car.. 1500 to 2000 is average... 700 bank fee + dealer's doc fee + dmv fee + 1st payment... some states may also have tax on bank fee and doc fee up front...
Thanks Jason, but I believe you're referring to a lease deal (e.g. the $700 fee). I'm looking at a purchase and am wanting the title, registration, license, doc, specifics.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
cvipgo, I've tried there. (At least here: http://www.dmv.org/buy-sell/tax-and-tags-calculator.php). And it is worthless. All their links do is take you to a "Standard Presumptive Value Calculator" for used vehicles and you need a VIN for that!

The CarMax site's one is somewhat useful. But I'd like to hear from actual Q50 buyers - especially Q50S Hybrid buyers in fairly loaded up configurations! ;)
That's not the official website. It's: http://txdmv.gov/motorists/register-your-vehicle

I leased in Texas and I know the fees were pretty cheap. Wish I could give you more specifics but I can't recall. I'm pretty sure they were less than $500 w/ dealer doc in there

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In Calif we can calculate tax, lic etc:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Here's site for Texas:
TxDMV - Register Your Vehicle
check it out, let your finger do the walking:>0
Thanks cvipgo. The link I posted does connect to this one basically. So yes I've been on that page. Still worthless. Especially in comparison to the Cali site. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. You plug in the model, price paid and your county, city, zip and bingo - it gives you every required fee & tax that is required on the car! Texas needs to follow that example on their site(s).

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Here are the fees I paid for my purchase in Houston.

* Sales tax in Texas is 6.25%. Calculated on final price of the car after all options, minus your trade in.
* Documentary fee. This is the dealer's cost to send someone to register the car with the county, get the registration sticker and license plates. I paid $136.19. It varies, but should not be more than $200. Mainly labor charge for sending someone to the court house and tax office.
* State inspection fee $23.75
* License fee $69.25
* Title fee $33

The dealer tried to charge me a dealer inventory tax, but I objected that I will not pay a tax that the dealer is responsible for. They took it off. It was $117.44.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Thanks cvipgo. The link I posted does connect to this one basically. So yes I've been on that page. Still worthless. Especially in comparison to the Cali site. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. You plug in the model, price paid and your county, city, zip and bingo - it gives you every required fee & tax that is required on the car! Texas needs to follow that example on their site(s).
you can move to cali, so it seems calif is more advanced! :p

* Sales tax in Texas is 6.25%. Calculated on final price of the car after all options, minus your trade in.
* Documentary fee. This is the dealer's cost to send someone to register the car with the county, get the registration sticker and license plates. I paid $136.19. It varies, but should not be more than $200. Mainly labor charge for sending someone to the court house and tax office.
* License fee $69.25
* Title fee $33

The dealer tried to charge me a dealer inventory tax, but I objected that I will not pay a tax that the dealer is responsible for. They took it off. It was $117.44.
above are your answers from TX man, Mr Ghandhi:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Minnesota...

Just picked up my Q50S AWD on Tuesday.

Minnesota:
Registration tax: $504 (for 12 months) on a base value of $39,405
Plate fee: $6.00
Lien processing fee (if financed) $2.00
Public safety vehicle fee: $3.50
Transfer tax: $10.00
Title/transfer fee: $7.25
Sales tax: 6.5% of purchase price less trade-in.
State filing fee: $10.00

I was charged a $589 "dealer handling fee" but, the reality was my net price ended up at $89 over factory invoice because they started at $500 below invoice as the offer. Not sure why they didn't just say $89 over invoice up front but, I'm not complaining. It's a great price either way.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

* License fee $69.25
* Title fee $33

Thanks Gandhi! I appreciate it.

BTW, the Texas sales tax was on your actual final price minus trade - not MSRP minus trade??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.