Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bugs the crap out of me lol. It's my wife's car and she doesn't seem to notice it but every time I get behind the wheel it's up 3-4 inches.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Are you sure she isn't pulling some sort of passive-aggressive ploy on you? There's no way the headrest will raise on its own.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Gravity! If car is on roof...

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,995 Posts
I know whole cars can levitate. But only the headrest? Come on, don't be silly.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
She is likely pushing it up by accident when climbing out of the car. If you watch how people manipulate their bodies to get out of a car, it is actually quite comical. Pretty easy to lean back against the headrest without realizing as you lift your legs out of the car.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I have a similar mysterious movement when I get in to one of our cars after mrs. ptatohed has driven it. Only, it's not the headrest, it's the driver seat itself. It has un-explainabley moved forward.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have mysterious movements too – sometimes... 😂

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Tried to add 'TMI' here, but "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days". :(

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
DC, not sure what time it is in Germany but, here in the USA, CA, it is 1:43am. Getting ready for bed. Or "shushy" as my kids call it. Good night my friend!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good night!!! (Here it's 9:50am)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
DC, not sure what time it is in Germany but, here in the USA, CA, it is 1:43am. Getting ready for bed. Or "shushy" as my kids call it. Good night my friend!
GMT +1

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
She is likely pushing it up by accident when climbing out of the car. If you watch how people manipulate their bodies to get out of a car, it is actually quite comical. Pretty easy to lean back against the headrest without realizing as you lift your legs out of the car.
I could see pushing the headrest down when climbing out of the car as the headrest will move but lifting it up requires releasing the lock knob on the headrest while pulling up on the headrest.

I'm still thinking she's messing with his head.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I could see pushing the headrest down when climbing out of the car as the headrest will move but lifting it up requires releasing the lock knob on the headrest while pulling up on the headrest.

I'm still thinking she's messing with his head.
Isn't it the opposite? You need to push the lever to lower the headrest but you can just pull it up without using the lever?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts
Isn't it the opposite? You need to push the lever to lower the headrest but you can just pull it up without using the lever?
You had me doubting myself so I checked this.

Revising my previous post, you have to press the lock knob to raise or lower the headrest. It won't move otherwise.

She's definitely messing with his head. LOL!

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The headrest moves up without pressing the unlock button. You have to press the button to lower the headrest.

Feel free to go verify in your car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts