Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
478 Posts
Then it's the button not working correctly... ?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,287 Posts
The headrest moves up without pressing the unlock button. You have to press the button to lower the headrest.

Feel free to go verify in your car.
This. ^ I was sure this was the case as it has been in every car I have ever had with adjustable head restraints. Because of the fake news posted previously, I had to go verify like Damon suggested. He is correct (at least on my 2018).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,100 Posts
The headrest moves up without pressing the unlock button. You have to press the button to lower the headrest.

That's what I thought. I know that's how most cars are. I assumed the Q50 was that way too but I am not near mine to verify so I took A53's word for it. Regardless, I don't think any headrests are moving up all on there own. :)

P.S. I still have resentment that my $50k car doesn't have tilting headrests. :( My Acura TL does (because I swapped them from a TL Premium into my TL Type S), my Maxima has them (because I bought a pair out of an I30), and my S4 has them. Q50? Nope.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
That's what I thought. I know that's how most cars are. I assumed the Q50 was that way too but I am not near mine to verify so I took A53's word for it. Regardless, I don't think any headrests are moving up all on there own. :)

P.S. I still have resentment that my $50k car doesn't have tilting headrests. :( My Acura TL does (because I swapped them from a TL Premium into my TL Type S), my Maxima has them (because I bought a pair out of an I30), and my S4 has them. Q50? Nope.
I had made the assumption manufacturers moved away from tilting head rests due to safety regs for whiplash protection. Meaning to keep the head rest closer to the occupants head.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I had made the assumption manufacturers moved away from tilting head rests due to safety regs for whiplash protection. Meaning to keep the head rest closer to the occupants head.
Not sure bout you guys, but I hate headrests that are too close to me. Feels like I am doing an ab crunch just to avoid my head from rubbing on it the whole time I am driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
Not sure bout you guys, but I hate headrests that are too close to me. Feels like I am doing an ab crunch just to avoid my head from rubbing on it the whole time I am driving.
I have a co-worker who flips hers around backward in her Subaru because she feels they are too invasive.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
Yeah, you might be right. My wife's '16 Fusion has tilting headrests but with a unique design. U pull it forward, it tilts and locks. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Pull it forward one more time, it resets and goes all the way back. So, they tilt but they aren't like the tilting headrest's of yesteryear where there was free-play movement backward and forward.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
8,058 Posts

Yeah, that's correct if your headrest isn't all the way up already. Mine's on the highest setting and won't move up or down without pressing the unlock button.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Yeah, that's correct if your headrest isn't all the way up already. Mine's on the highest setting and won't move up or down without pressing the unlock button.
GD, back out to the garage...

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
That has forced me to recline the seat back more to get the head rest away from my noggin.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Of course it locks in the uppermost position otherwise it could fall out of the seat in a roll over. Like Damon says, you don't have to push the button to raise the head rest (up to its highest setting). You only have to push the button to lower it (from any setting).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts