Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing something, or does the window lockout feature on the drivers side door panel not only lock out the other 3 window up/down controls, but also the drivers side control? I couldn't find a setting for this in the system setup and it's amazingly stupid if that is the default function - if I push the lockout button, I should still be able to move up or down the other windows. It defeats the purpose, otherwise, as I can't override control from someone else in the car without playing a game of who pushes the button first while unlocked and then trying to lock it before they push it again (and yes, I have 3 kids...:)).

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
My previous Acura and Honda worked the same way as the Q50 does. As do other Infinitis.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I'm not sure what your problem is. From the manual:

When the lock button is pushed in, only the driver side window can be opened or closed.

Are you wanting to operate the other three windows after the kids are in the car? If you don't want them playing with the windows, just push the lock button. If you are wanting to open/close the windows while they are in the car, and are afraid that they might "beat you to it," then tell them that whoever touches the window switches will then walk home.:D Seriously, when my daughter was young, I never had the rear windows open, and yes, I had them locked out.

·
Registered
410 Posts
bdubs - it's been the same for all Infinitis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Selzini - yeah, I want to be able to move the windows up/down while my kids are in the car without unlocking their use of the windows. When you get used to being able to do that, finding out you can't do it anymore is a surprise. Not a big issue, every car I've owned has been the opposite way for as long as I can remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.