Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was sitting in my car, with the shifter in the park position, with the engine running. I turned the headlight switch from Auto to Off. All the exterior lights turned off except the front Daytime running lights. Is this normal? I would think by turning the light switch off that all the exterior lights would turn off as well. Has anyone noticed this?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think every car I've driven that has daytime lights did this. Engine on, drls on. They would all be domestics though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yea the only way to turn it off is then the car off. Apply the parking brake and then turn it back on. Then they'll remain off until you release the brake.

Reactions: DKQ50

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So let me see if I got this right.
The DRL's stay on with the headlight switch in all positions, including the Off position? Day or night?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
So let me see if I got this right.
The DRL's stay on with the headlight switch in all positions, including the Off position? Day or night?
When you first start the car, DRL's will be off until you release the handbrake and move the car. Once you have released the handbrake, DRL's will stay on until you turn the car off and on again which at that time, they will be off again.

Hope fully that clears it up. I have this same behaviour on the Nissan Versa we have. Although the Dodge Journey we have, DRL's only turn on when the gear is moved from P to R or D. When the gear is in P again, DRL's turn off.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
there is a button somewhere enabling stealth mode when on stakeout after exes

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Reactions: Devilzblood

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts