Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup everyone? Nov. 4 I am scheduled to get my car dynoed at a local shop. They have a new Dynojet so it should be all good. I was at their shop this weekend for a Grand Opening and they held a dyno day. The shop specializes in Kia's and Hyundai's so there was a ton of them there for the show. I decided to purchase 3 pulls and come back on Monday so it would be a bit more of a calm atmosphere.

My car is E- tuned on Ecutek by Seb @ Specialtyz so it will be interesting to see what numbers will be put down. I also have AMS LDPs and a custom 3" exhaust that gradually reduces to 2.75" and then exits some Infiniti Sport rear mufflers.

Not sure what ro expect but I'm hoping for at least 420whp but who knows. Seb is usually pretty conservative.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice. Good luck with the dyno and post up a video!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
You'll definitely be at 420whp+, I also have a tune from Seb. I'm on 93 with mods listed in signature minus the Heat Exchanger at the time of my dyno (Dynojet/June in Florida). I was 386whp and 397ftlbs, we contributed the power loss to the heatsoak and environmental conditions, sunny and 94 degrees out at 1pm with a small fan that sneezed air into my front grill. Anyways after the heat exchanger install I noticed a much more consistent power, I plan on going back in a month or so to redyno the car (its still effing 90+ degrees out here).

Are you E30 blend? HPFP and LPFP?

Good luck and looking forward to your results, make sure to post temps etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I'm on 93 with stock fuel system. I have a tune for E-mix which is E15-20 so I might try this MAP for my 3rd pull. Temp outside should be <60° so I'm hoping heat won't be as much of an enemy to my target.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
What are they charging to do the Dyno?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Good luck sir, I'm sure you will have no issues hitting 420whp/480Tq or even higher with an E-Tune from Seb. Let us know the results and take a video if you can!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
You'll definitely be at 420whp+, I also have a tune from Seb. I'm on 93 with mods listed in signature minus the Heat Exchanger at the time of my dyno (Dynojet/June in Florida). I was 386whp and 397ftlbs, we contributed the power loss to the heatsoak and environmental conditions, sunny and 94 degrees out at 1pm with a small fan that sneezed air into my front grill. Anyways after the heat exchanger install I noticed a much more consistent power, I plan on going back in a month or so to redyno the car (its still effing 90+ degrees out here).

Are you E30 blend? HPFP and LPFP?

Good luck and looking forward to your results, make sure to post temps etc.
I had similar #'s in hot humid conditions, but on a Mustang dyno. She sure perked up in cooler weather!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had similar #'s in hot humid conditions, but on a Mustang dyno. She sure perked up in cooler weather!
Hey John! Yes I remember we had a discussion about it back in June, I cant wait for the weather to get nice in Florida. Typically my fun begins on the 20 minute 6am ride into work when its still nice and cool out lol.

Have you dyno'd your car again? If not, do you plan to in the near future?

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Do any of you in the Pacific Northwest know of an AWD dyno in the area? I'm not finding any.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dang, my local shop is $125 for 3 pulls.
Which shop is this? Last time a Dyno a car I had to drive all the way to Long Beach to Church's.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Which shop is this? Last time a Dyno a car I had to drive all the way to Long Beach to Church's.
Where are you located? I have not used them, just going by their website but they are called Metro Performance, right here in my home city!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where are you located? I have not used them, just going by their website but they are called Metro Performance, right here in my home city!
I'm in Canyon Lake...I remember hearing about them through a co-worker that's into Subies. Good to know there might be something legit local.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm in Canyon Lake...I remember hearing about them through a co-worker that's into Subies. Good to know there might be something legit local.
That's right, I think you told me that already. I still have some stuff to install (as I think you do too) but we should dyno together sometime in the future! :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
What PSI is your tune set to?

·
Registered
46 Posts
What PSI is your tune set to?
I did my first logs today on map 1 and posted it on the other site but can't figure out how to post it here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's right, I think you told me that already. I still have some stuff to install (as I think you do too) but we should dyno together sometime in the future! :)
I'm going to try to install the fuel wire this weekend and perhaps my Invidia cbe. Stillen intake should be in the mail today too.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts