Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to share their experiences running e30 or e20 in their car. From what I noticed the car feels sluggish at low rpm pressing on the pedal. and does better in the higher rpm. Also I've noticed the car pulls timing if I press 20% on pedal at low rpm.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Really can't provide much help without knowing your trim, how much boost your running or modifications....

That said most people who push past e20 with the stock fuel system reported sluggish behavior out of the car, there should be a few threads discussing the topic in more detail.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Plenty on here and n54 have had studdering and lag with higher E content. I think it's better with an Ecutek tune but not with a JB4. Better off just running a meth kit and keep it 93.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's what I'll do when this tank is empty is just 91 w/ meth, no 93 in California

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm on JB4, experienced a lot of sputtering and jerkiness on e30, had issues with lean AFRs and maxed out fuel trims.

On e23, not so much sputtering but same deal with maxed fuel trims

I don't use it anymore

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been on JB4 + map7 for 15,000 miles and had zero issues. When gas light comes on, i put 13.5 gallons of costco 93 octane in, then I go across the street and put in 4 gallons of Meijer E85. Never had a fuel cut or jerkiness.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I won't utilize it anymore unless I upgrade my fuel pumps. Risk isn't worth the reward at this point.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
No way will I go corn. Risk out weighs the benefit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts