Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, So I have decided to go the ethanol route going full E85, I already have the LPFP from AMS and i'm purchasing the flex fuel kit along with the AMS HPFP. Would I have to buy aftermarket fuel injectors as well to run e85 or are the stock injectors just good enough?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, DW
Deitchworks? Ecoboost 1700cc. Instagram Turbo P sells them and goracebox tunes them
Half the price of AMS injectors.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
124 Posts
You can run with the stock injectors and stock turbos. You will need to replace the fuel rails with the newer ones likely though as they tend to hang injectors

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
IMO, I would not risk running E85 with the stock injectors. I've seen too many Q50 & Q60 forum posts about stuck OEM injectors on E blends.

The Deatschwerks 1700cc Injectors for the Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost only need a small mod to the connector to work on the VR30 engine:

Matched set of 6 injectors 1700cc/min

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, I would not risk running E85 with the stock injectors. I've seen too many Q50 & Q60 forum posts about stuck OEM injectors on E blends.

The Deatschwerks 1700cc Injectors for the Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost only need a small mod to the connector to work on the VR30 engine:

Good luck!
What does the mod include? is it a PITA to make them compatible ?

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
124 Posts
If the working "theory" holds true, it's the inner coating of the stock fuel rails that comes off and not the stock injectors that are at fault themselves. It's going to clog whatever injector is in the car upgraded or not. Granted the DW aren't crazy expensive but might as well run the car with stockers after upgrading the HPFP and let one of those get stuck if it's going to happen.

I haven't seen too much on injector failures if you change the rails at the same time as the HPFP but it seemed promising.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
124 Posts
What does the mod include? is it a PITA to make them compatible ?
It's like clipping a piece of plastic off the connector, I think at least one vendor charges 50 bucks to do it if you aren't comfortable.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If the working "theory" holds true, it's the inner coating of the stock fuel rails that comes off and not the stock injectors that are at fault themselves. It's going to clog whatever injector is in the car upgraded or not.
True, but in terms of the injector itself, I thought running E85, a low-lubricity fuel, has some incompatibilities with the materials (i.e., seals, etc.) that could cause a stuck pintle issue, no?

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
124 Posts
The interesting thing is most people seem to lose an injector or 2 within weeks of upgrading thier HPFP but after that they seem solid. Maybe they are finding the weak the injectors off the bat with the extra pressure from the new pump or maybe it is the AMS theory.

My plan at the moment is to do the HPFP later this year and do the newer rails since mine is a 2017. Maybe I'll do injectors next year but I don't plan on ever slapping upgraded turbos on it.

There is another company bringing injectors and maybe an HPFP this year that I've used on my past car called Xtreme-DI. Thier prices will likely be similar to AMS though

True, but in terms of the injector itself, I thought running E85, a low-lubricity fuel, has some incompatibilities with the materials (i.e., seals, etc.) that could cause a stuck pintle issue, no?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts