Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned my 2018 Q60 RS nine months now. My first mods three months in were Z1 full Down pipes and drop-in KN filters and Z1 BOV Kit and I felt she was pretty quick until Today I got my tune on the Dyno. Baseline without the tune she made 375whp and 392 trq; tuned on 93 octane made 429whp and 426trq at with 17lbs of boost. I’m saving up to do flex-fuel upgrade.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That torque is low... who tuned you?

Also def get a heat exchanger ASAP in Texas, car is gonna fall flat on its face with that heat

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
That torque is low... who tuned you?

Also def get a heat exchanger ASAP in Texas, car is gonna fall flat on its face with that heat
Second both of those.

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
Full DPs got rid of the worst of the restrictions. The OEM cat back is not all that bad ?, but a HE is a must have for sure. Especially in TX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True thatTorque is low, a conservative tune for sure. Tuned by Ray Corvo at Miami Performance MPI a very respected GTR tuner. I’m not made of money so doing in stages. The way things happen on the streets I just feel a HE is a stage 3 add-on. It’s something you want, but don’t need till your hot lapping at the track. So bring your little silver editions with a noisy CBE to Miami and let’s roll BIATCH! I’m still 19 on the Sticky Dyno chart.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Most VR30 top out around 440-450hp (give or take) with regular bolt-ons and tune. So 429hp isnt' far off considering just DP with 17psi only. Tune seems to be a little conservative and that's perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,464 Posts
I just feel a HE is a stage 3 add-on. It’s something you want, but don’t need till your hot lapping at the track. So bring your little silver editions with a noisy CBE to Miami and let’s roll BIATCH! I’m still 19 on the Sticky Dyno chart.
Not so. I'm in NH and even at 65-70 deg the HE coolant rockets very fast. Create a "dashboard" in your EcuTec with both charge air temp and HE coolant temp. You may be VERY surprised at the numbers!!
I was, and have the AMS HE.
The larger HE is a MUST HAVE if you are tuned.

AMS Intakes and larger AMS expansion tank are the last things to get.

·
Registered
628 Posts
True thatTorque is low, a conservative tune for sure. Tuned by Ray Corvo at Miami Performance MPI a very respected GTR tuner. I’m not made of money so doing in stages. The way things happen on the streets I just feel a HE is a stage 3 add-on. It’s something you want, but don’t need till your hot lapping at the track. So bring your little silver editions with a noisy CBE to Miami and let’s roll BIATCH! I’m still 19 on the Sticky Dyno chart.
I'd def roll with you, I'm at 423/450 on just JB4, Intakes and Fuel Wires. Also at 17psi when I hit that on the dyno. Seeing that I have the lighter Luxe trim I feel pretty confident I would win that run, biggest factor would be seeing your dyno chart as my curve looks like garbage and most people with true tune have nice slopes. Ecutek will happen for me at the end of all my mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts