Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you browse the interactive demo on the infinitiusa website and hit INTUITIVE TECHNOLOGY it shows the touchscreens features.

It also shows the settings that can be had for the steering system

It looks like you can adjust the steering effort in 3 levels as well as the steering response.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I can't wait to test out all of those different combinations.

I don't know many other cars out there in this segment that can offer such option.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow I didn't know the Q50 is going to have this option.

I own an 07 G35x sedan. I love the tight and heavy steering feel but sometimes its a pain when parking or in smaller streets.

Would love to have this new feature on the Q50! Heavy BMW-like steering for when I need the sportiness and Lexus light steering for those times when I need effortlessness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is pretty wicked, now it just makes having electric steering that much better. With power steering there was no way to have heavy steering unless your rack and pinion completely leaked out LOL

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
the setting are nice, I wouldnt have it set on just one option all the time. Depends on the drive if its a windy road thats where i would have it set at the heavier settings and if its long straight drives on the highway ill have it at the lightest for comfort. It will gives the driver a feel for customization.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the settings on this screen are saved to the driver. So driver 1 will have his/her own settings and driver 2 will have his/her own set. I am guessing auto driving position is the seat position. What is ATC?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Having a second look at the screen capture. The torque response seems to be an interesting function. I wonder how the adjustments are whether its in percentage or small increments. All these settings together if set right will give a one off feedback and setting to that particular driver. I wish more vehicles had this kind of adjustments.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By the way the steering settings on the system basically adjust the steering ratio.

Learnt that while browsing the Infiniti USA website ;)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I think the settings on this screen are saved to the driver. So driver 1 will have his/her own settings and driver 2 will have his/her own set. I am guessing auto driving position is the seat position. What is ATC?
Thats good i would have to re-adjust everything again after my wife takes it out for a drive. Actually... I might not even her touch it :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Nice find! Would love to test the settings out! I like the heavy steer myself!

·
Registered
28 Posts
This adaptive steering screen and modifications are only available if you get the deluxe touring option, correct? I wonder if the torque tweaking tab is also tied into that option.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't know if this thread pertains to it but...

Will the Q50 have an adaptive suspension like Audi has on the A4? On the A4, it is an expensive option or part of a package. It allows you to go from Comfort all the way up to Dynamic.

Comfort felt great on bad roads for commutes while Dynamic really firms up the suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I don't know if this thread pertains to it but...

Will the Q50 have an adaptive suspension like Audi has on the A4? On the A4, it is an expensive option or part of a package. It allows you to go from Comfort all the way up to Dynamic.

Comfort felt great on bad roads for commutes while Dynamic really firms up the suspension.
I know that the Q50 has adaptive steering and adaptive shifting, but I don't know about an adaptive suspension.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts