Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electronics issues I have seen, anyone else seen these:

1) Started the car, neither top or bottom screen came on. Fixed by stopping and starting car...not an ideal solution.

2) Started the car and Navi screen did not start just showed a clock. Again had to stop/start the car.

3) Ipod stopped being recognized. Had to disconnect/reconnect ipod and stop/start car.

4) Audio screen froze looking for FM station, even though the FM station was playing. Had to stop/start car for it t be fixed.

5) Infiniti has still not enabled Infiniti Connection after 3 weeks of owning this car!

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
My Infiniti Connection was activated by my saleperson before I even left the dealership. And he made a call using the SOS button to make sure it was activated and they confirmed my name and location at that time to make sure it was working properly.

Reactions: maddsiick

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Carolina's experience is what should have happened. If dealer/salesperson didn't do this, DO NOT give them good marks on the survey Infiniti sends you. Seriously, this is total weak sauce on the part of the dealers. You paid for this stuff, they need to make it work properly. You can activate it yourself if you want. Go to www.infiniticonnection.com and register. You'll need your full VIN to complete it. After you register, log back in, select your vehicle and press the button for "infiniti connection". It will open a new window and take you through the IC enrollment. That's another 3-4 screens. No need to put a credit car number in, you get the first year free. Once you've completed it, have it email you the T&C's. Then go out to the car and press the SOS button or the headset icon on the map screen. If it connects, you've completed the process. If not, then the dealer is even more of an idiot that I thought. It means they never turned on the TCU (telecommunications control unit) when they prepped the car. In that case, go back to the service department at the dealership and point out to them that they are completely incompetent (you may want to politely ask them to double check that TCU is on first, and get snarky after they've done whatever service you need). While at the dealership, also make sure that the sales manager activated your Infiniti Personal Assistant service. This you can't do online yourself. They need to do it, although Consumer Affairs may be able to do it for you.

As for the other issues. It sounds like your car needs a software update. Most of these lockup issues were resolved by the software update that came out last month. Ask your dealer to make sure you have the latest software. You can check yourself too. Look at some of the other threads on here about software. I think SteveTheTech posted a thread that talks about how to check what version you're running.

And seriously, if your salesperson hasn't/didn't/couldn't do this stuff for you, and can't/won't answer your questions, they deserve really bad scores on the survey.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Before I left the dealership the day I got the car, the salesman went on-line to set up the registration, then had me sit at the computer to finish the registration process. As Sinecure said, THAT is how your dealership should work with you. In your shoes, I would go back to the dealership and have them do the same thing - it would at least show them what they are not doing right.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
My Infiniti Connection was activated by my saleperson before I even left the dealership. And he made a call using the SOS button to make sure it was activated and they confirmed my name and location at that time to make sure it was working properly.
Same here. My salesperson did the same thing during the delivery process of the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me say that this is my 3rd and probably last Infiniti - the dealership experience was that BAD!

I came in on Sunday and they agreed to pay $X for my car and sell their car for $Y. I stated I wanted a particular color which the agreed to get. Once it arrived Wednesday, the car was $Y + $600 and my car was suddenly $X - $1500. In the interim I was offered 3 year service if I bought a car that week, After 3 hours of BS discussions, I finally got $X for my car, and nothing was enabled and I left with a new car, but an bad attitude - and did not get the free service.

Probably no surprise they did not send me a survey. I think I will get service at Goodyear or Jiffy Lube.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
That's sad Mike. It is possible your email address is on file with Infiniti as "do not email" - in that case you wouldn't get the email even if the dealer entered it correctly. Ironically one of my colleagues just bought a Q50 and his email address was on that list. We laughed when it showed up on the list of outstanding surveys.

As I've posted elsewhere, it pisses me off that so many of peoples' problems are directly related to inferior salespeople/dealers. It doesn't need to be that way. I went and test drove a Tesla today. I often mystery shop our competitors on my days off. Today was one of the few experiences I've had that I feel comes close to what I try to deliver to each and every one of my customers. My dealership doesn't hit that mark with every single customer and/or salesperson, but we come pretty close. But I know that some of the other local dealerships miss the mark badly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's sad Mike. It is possible your email address is on file with Infiniti as "do not email" - in that case you wouldn't get the email even if the dealer entered it correctly.
Yes Ironic that they would email me 2 hours before I buy a Q50S, then not after I did. The car is definitely a step up from my G35x even with the electronics glitches. The dealership changed ownership and there is definitely less of the white glove treatment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This car has miserable electronics. With 2000 miles on the odometer the the FM radio echoes. Dealer said turn off the HD feature. It was off. Then it was a "fringe area for reception. My 08 G35 took me from my house to work with no radio problem. I haven't changed jobs or houses.

Yesterday driving home the radio stopped playing. This morning the top screen didn't come on. It was at the dealer, very nice people, but they said they could not find any problems. "It is just like all the other Q50s."

I laughed at the Intel Inside logo. What is it a 486? This boots up slower than a turtle going up hill. Desperate for a chip change.

Finally the trunk struts allow the trunk to bang closed. I was told they are all the same, meaning it isn't defective. Nonsense.

I called the consumer affairs of Nissan and was told to take it to the dealer!

Bottom line, No I wouldn't recommend this car to a friend.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Petaluma, you have 3 posts. All complaining about your radio and the InTouch stack. When did you buy your car? If it is locking up and/or screens not working, the InTouch systems needs updating. Your dealer should be able to do this for you easily (it does take a little while). If you live in Petaluma, I'm assuming you bought your car at Marin or Fairfield. They aren't terribly competent (rank 168 and 210 respectively out of 214 dealers nationwide), but they can't be that bad. Go and ask.

Reactions: chicagoandy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.