Registered

Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
Discussion Starter #23

Registered

Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
Discussion Starter #25
His test procedures are a far cry from the approved testing methods used for air filters. Flour from a sifter dumped on the filter? Seriously? His Rube Goldberg contraption is a testing joke IMHO.

Regardless, his good old boy tests essentially show similar results. K&N filters are garbage from a particulate removal efficiency standpoint. That alone should steer anyone concerned about crap getting into their engine away from their filter.

The 0-60 test was worthless. Too many variables other than the filter could account for the tiny difference in ETs.

Where were the static pressure drops after running a consistent particulate concentration across the filters over time? \That's another problem with the oiled or dry, reusable filters. Initially, they pass more air but they lose that capability rapidly as particulate loading goes up. The dry paper filters are the best at that over time also.

I put the Purolator filters in and will change them every 15,000 miles. I see no reason to spend more money on filters that may be reusable but don't protect the engine as well or as long as single-use paper filters.

Registered
I got hooked on Amazon subscriptions. I get Wix brand filters every 3 months. Until my wife started cutting our subscriptions back. She told me I get only 1 filter every 3 months.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts