Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started 2 days ago drove my car for about 15min yesterday after hearing sun wierd noise when starting to accelerate,well I’ve been looking around and I may think it’s a engine knock but who knows I got a oil change like 2 weeks ago I don’t need a new one for another 8k miles
here’s the video of the noise it’s making sumone please help I’m taking it to the dealership tomorrow

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have you checked your oil level? It could just be low from whoever did the oil change.

Don't let me scare you too much, because knocking through a video is hard to isolate, but to me it does sound like lower end knock. Here's my post of a 3.0tt I had in recently with lower end rod knock. Almost the exact same circumstances.

·
Registered
131 Posts
You should still be covered under factory powertrain warranty @ 60k, so I wouldn't worry there. Just bring in proof of your oil changes and there shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked your oil level? It could just be low from whoever did the oil change.

Don't let me scare you too much, because knocking through a video is hard to isolate, but to me it does sound like lower end knock. Here's my post of a 3.0tt I had in recently with lower end rod knock. Almost the exact same circumstances.

Oil level was more then fine cover the two dots on the dip stick and no metal shavings

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oil level was more then fine cover the two dots on the dip stick and no metal shavings
Well good thing you have an appointment with your dealer, its definitely time to pay them a visit. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be something like in the post I linked. Until then I really wouldn't drive it if at all possible. I would call to make sure but Infiniti should also cover your towing if you wish to get it towed instead of driving, since it's a major powertrain concern. It would be cool if you come back and let us know what they say, im interested to know! Wish you the best of luck tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well good thing you have an appointment with your dealer, its definitely time to pay them a visit. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be something like in the post I linked. Until then I really wouldn't drive it if at all possible. I would call to make sure but Infiniti should also cover your towing if you wish to get it towed instead of driving, since it's a major powertrain concern. It would be cool if you come back and let us know what they say, imp interested to know! Wish you the best of luck tomorrow.
I will keep y’all updated for sure but it’s just wierd I got the car in august and I just got the worst of luck with cars🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a long stretch of things needing to be replaced fluids needing to be Ig flushed n switched turbos were bad and they did find metal shavings in the engine there going to get with Infiniti to see everything that’s under warranty which every thing should be stating it’s bone stock and has less then 60k miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts