Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Oh thanks for the follow up glad you got sorted, that is one of the downsides to shared platforms you end up with their problems as well and it can be tricky to track down information.
With that said its really silly a re-learn procedure would need to be done for an air-filter change, leave it to Mercedes to make things needlessly complicated. XD

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
...leave it to Mercedes to make things needlessly complicated. XD
Like a $900 dollar job to replace a thermostat! Ask me how I know. There are worse cars out there though. Like replacing a high pressure fuel pump on a 2011 Ford Diesel.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Like a $900 dollar job to replace a thermostat! Ask me how I know. There are worse cars out there though. Like replacing a high pressure fuel pump on a 2011 Ford Diesel.
That does bite, but I can usually forgive bad placement of components as that is usually due to packaging issues. Having to perform a re-learn
every time the air filter is changed though? 100% Mercedes trying to kill off the home mechanic and have all their service done at dealerships.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking back at the previous posts where the MAF sensor has been replaced, turbo and then a new ECU that finally got it "sorted" it makes we wander about the level of knowledge the Infiniti techs have received after this engine that has been added from Mercedes. The ECU replacement worked probably because it came with a fresh calibration file in it. But this problem will appear again in about 25K if the re-learn is not done at the service time.

To replace components worth of £5000 for each car sounds a bit crazy. No wonder that Infiniti had to pull out from Europe in the end. Probably the losses were huge!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the first year of using the car, Jackie Chan caught fire for the first time, 2 errors came out, the first P0101 air meter error, the second particulate filter. mistakes As for the soot filter, everything is clear there; constant trips over short distances, it clogged. It is easy to heal - drive along the track for 10 minutes at a speed of 90 Km / h at a revolution of 2500 (set the box to 4 speed) and regeneration occurs. And the second error with the air meter took off for the second time. Another electrician had an error scanned and it turned out that the air meter sensor was not working properly - and the fuel was overflowing. Air meter The reason for all this is that when the master changed the oil, he removed the air filter and shook out the dust ... which is CATEGORALLY impossible to do. In the vastness of Drive, I came across an article on how to clean the air meter sensor from contamination: liqui moly Luftmassensensor DMRV cleaner. It costs $ 13. Ordered delivery directly to the service, after cleaning it was dried and put in place along with a new air filter, this time the original, Nissan 16546-HG00A, since an error can pop up from a non-organic air filter. Difference of filters the fact that the folds on the filter are longitudinal in the original, but not in the original are transverse. I am writing a note about a bad life experience: Never let the craftsmen shake out the air filter, never rush to buy a new air meter until you clean it with Molly Lucouvi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For the first year of using the car, Jackie Chan caught fire for the first time, 2 errors came out, the first P0101 air meter error, the second particulate filter. mistakes As for the soot filter, everything is clear there; constant trips over short distances, it clogged. It is easy to heal - drive along the track for 10 minutes at a speed of 90 Km / h at a revolution of 2500 (set the box to 4 speed) and regeneration occurs. And the second error with the air meter took off for the second time. Another electrician had an error scanned and it turned out that the air meter sensor was not working properly - and the fuel was overflowing. Air meter The reason for all this is that when the master changed the oil, he removed the air filter and shook out the dust ... which is CATEGORALLY impossible to do. In the vastness of Drive, I came across an article on how to clean the air meter sensor from contamination: liqui moly Luftmassensensor DMRV cleaner. It costs $ 13. Ordered delivery directly to the service, after cleaning it was dried and put in place along with a new air filter, this time the original, Nissan 16546-HG00A, since an error can pop up from a non-organic air filter. Difference of filters the fact that the folds on the filter are longitudinal in the original, but not in the original are transverse. I am writing a note about a bad life experience: Never let the craftsmen shake out the air filter, never rush to buy a new air meter until you clean it with Molly Lucouvi.
Hi Tunar,

I've done the same. Change of the MAF sensor, clean with Liqui Moly special spray the old one, put new air filter Bosch..

Only worked for a few days and error was back.
It needs to be reset and calibrated at Nissan / Infiniti dealership with the special software.

And I had the Dpf error also at the same time but you're right, there is no problem with the Dpf. It is clean.

Hope you get it sorted. Don't waste more money take it to the dealership or to someone that has the special Nissan tools and software.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Tunar,

I've done the same. Change of the MAF sensor, clean with Liqui Moly special spray the old one, put new air filter Bosch..

Only worked for a few days and error was back.
It needs to be reset and calibrated at Nissan / Infiniti dealership with the special software.

And I had the Dpf error also at the same time but you're right, there is no problem with the Dpf. It is clean.

Hope you get it sorted. Don't waste more money take it to the dealership or to someone that has the special Nissan tools and software.

Thanks for the useful information Can you describe in detail what filter you bought, how to install it, how to reset or reset the onboard computer? every time I have to pay 90 dollars for a piece of plstmasy - ((

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the useful information Can you describe in detail what filter you bought, how to install it, how to reset or reset the onboard computer? every time I have to pay 90 dollars for a piece of plstmasy - ((
Hi,

I have found a local garage who can do the reset/ calibration with his diagnostic tool. Not sure what brand / make it is but it's not the original one from Infiniti Nissan. For the filter I'm using original Mercedes parts. You can look for Mercedes W212 E class 220D as this has exactly the same engine. Oil filter, air, fuel etc are the same. But its not a cheap part. Its about 55$ for the air filter.

Regards

·
Registered
36 Posts
[QUOTE = "R25_gts, post: 1485538, member: 109887"]
Привет,

Я нашел местный гараж, который может выполнить сброс / калибровку с помощью своего диагностического прибора. Не уверен, что это за марка / марка, но это не оригинал от Infiniti Nissan. Для фильтра я использую оригинальные запчасти Mercedes. Вы можете поискать Mercedes W212 E class 220D, так как у него точно такой же двигатель. Масляный фильтр, воздух, топливо и т. Д. Одинаковы. Но это не дешевая деталь. Это около 55 долларов за воздушный фильтр.

С Уважением
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

Please next time make 5-6 photo. What prossedur, and what reset air filter from compyuter.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts